TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 7-Jul-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Edrikk

Direction Advice

Hi.

I have purchased an Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM and will be setting up today.
As can be seen from my tvfool results, I'm very (12 miles) close to one set of signals coming from 178 degrees, and roughly 60 miles from another set coming from about 165 degrees.

I'm thinking that give this pattern I should point straight at the 165 degree ones.... What do you guys think/recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Edrikk; 24-Jan-2019 at 5:26 PM.
Edrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Jul-2013, 5:51 PM   #2
elmo

Sounds good. There's not enough difference between the two locations to matter that much.
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Jul-2013, 7:03 PM   #3
teleview

Yes 165 degree magnetic compass direction is a good starting aim direction.

As always the starting antenna aim direction is the --> starting antenna aim direction.

The antenna aim direction can be adjusted for best reception.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Most Digital Tv's have a signal strength meter and some Digital Tv's also have a signal quality meter.

Your location has receivable USA Digital Tv stations/channels.

WNLO-DT , The CW.

WNED-DT , PBS.

WUTV-DT , FOX.

WIVB-DT , CBS.

WNYO-TV , MyNetwork.

WKBW-DT , ABC.

WBBZ-TV , Me-Tv and This Tv.

_____

Recommend install the CS2v Complete antenna Above The Peak Of The Roof in such a manner that Reception is Not Impeded and Blocked by the Roof and House in the Directions of , South East , South , South West , North.

The Canada Digital Tv stations/channels at 178 degree magnetic compass direction are Strong Signal Strength and close at 12.2 miles.

Using a Antenna system amplifier to boost the the reception of the Weak Signal Strength USA Tv stations of , WNYO MyNetwork , WKBW ABC , WBBZ Me-Tv and This Tv.

A real concern is amplifier over load because of the strong Canada Tv stations.

Amplifier over load will cause bad reception of channels , both strong and weak channels.

A Winegard LNA-100 'Boost' amplifier can be tried , the LNA-100 has high over load resistance , can handle stronger signals.

A much better solution is to use a larger antenna , A Winegard HD7698P antenna.

Larger antennas receive more signal , more metal receiving elements - receive more signal.

A antenna system amplifier can help.

However The Truth Is - Amplifiers Are Not a Substitute for a Large antenna that receives more signal because of the many metal receiving elements of the antenna.
The Large antenna covers a larger area the larger area of the large antenna receives/collects more signal.

Receiving more signal to start with and then adding a amplifier to improve reception.

Is better then trying to amplify a lesser strength signal received by a smaller antenna.
__

Higher antenna height is the key to better reception in almost all reception situations to get clear of obstructions in the signal path.

__

Yes Test the reception with the CS2v Complete antenna.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative effect on , OTA=Over The Air , Broadscat Tv reception and so do buildings including your own roof and house and other obstructions.

The Best Practice is to install a antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions of any type or kind in the directions of reception including your own roof and house.

The Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels , often named the 'Air Channels' or 'Antenna Channels' in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some Digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan for cable tv channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select , 'Air Channels' ~ 'Antenna Channels'.

Scan for channels.
__

Digital Tuners can develop - Digital Glitches - that are not cleared out with simple channels scans.

Do Double Rescan , http://www.dtv.gov/rescan.html.

Last edited by teleview; 7-Jul-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.