TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 12-Nov-2013, 9:59 PM   #1
hummer010

Antenna Recommendation

Hello All,

I'm looking to get an Antenna, and I just want to make sure I get what will work for me.

Here is my tvfool:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae6a0a87fc2c

That's right, I'm looking at two channels! Technically, there is a third I could probably get, but it's a rebroadcast of channel 2. Luckily, both channels are owned by the same company, operated out of the same studio, and broadcast off the same tower. That makes it easy. I only need to hit one tower.

I'm looking at about 33 miles, and I'd like to put the antenna in the attic. It would certainly make the install easier. If need be, I can go outside with it.

I've read that channel 2 can be tough to get out of the low VHF channels, and I need to get channel 2 (hey, I only have two channels, I want them both!).

I'm currently looking at a Channel Master CM 5016. Looking at the spec's it appears that it should work for me. It's claiming a 60 mile range for the low VHF channels, so it might even work in the attic for me.

Is the 5016 a good choice? Is there something else that would be better in the same ballpark pricewise? I'm in rural Canada, so whatever I get, I need to be able to order online, and not get killed on the shipping. I can get the CM 5016 to my door for about $125.
hummer010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The Antennacraft Y-526 matches your situation better. It may be less expensive to you as well.

Outdoor mounting is preferred. It gives the antenna access to more signal and get's it further from the electronic noise sources inside the home.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 12-Nov-2013 at 10:37 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I'm currently looking at a Channel Master CM 5016. Looking at the spec's it appears that it should work for me. It's claiming a 60 mile range for the low VHF channels, so it might even work in the attic for me.

Is the 5016 a good choice?
No, you're probably looking at the wrong thing because the CM2016 is a high-VHF/UHF (7-69) antenna with no specifications for low-VHF.

GUM's recommendation is spot-on.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Nov-2013, 8:23 PM   #4
teleview

+=>
----------
As a test to improve reception of the 2 low signal strength , VHF low band channels 2 and 4 .

Install a , www.kitztech.com , KT-100VG-COAX Tv Antenna Booster Remote-Power-Coax Fed , Adjustable Gain .

-----------------------------------------------------

Here is a way to receive more Network Tv Programing for Free.

All the PBS channels and more Network channels and Programing for free.

FTA = Free To Air Satellite Tv and Radio Stations for Free with a Small dish and a Receiver.

Here is a good place to start , www.ftalist.com .

Here is a example of a Receiver with full feature latest reception technology.

www.manhattan-digital.net

Last edited by teleview; 13-Nov-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.