TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 7-May-2010, 5:51 PM   #1
yacov

Smile James

Long distance tv antenna c4 ultra range,according to the tv fool signal color code, the tv station i'm trying to pick up falls into the week to very week range. the transmitter is about 75 miles away,will using the c4 ultra rang antenna make it possible for me to pick up this tv station if i live just out of the weak to very weak range,where the code fades to gray or extremly weak range? Thanks.
yacov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-May-2010, 7:36 PM   #2
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

What is your location? The more information you provide the better we can help. Do you live in a house , apt. , mobile home , farm ,city , island , mountain top , valley , desert , forest , what is the city and state or a link to a tvfool report. How many tv's will be connected?

Last edited by teleview; 7-May-2010 at 7:47 PM.
Old 8-May-2010, 1:43 AM   #3
yacov

Smile james

My location is Evansville,Indiana,i live in an apartment with an upstairs bolony,i'm trying to receive louisville,ky stations like wave3,or whas,wdrb.A small town about 15 miles from here Boonville,Indiana can pickup these stations with a weak signal but the signal fades out according the tv fool color codes.East parts of Boonville has a pink color code.i have one tv in my apartment.I bought a c4 ultra long range antenna,trying to pickup Louisville stations.I live in the eastern part of Evansville,but my apartment faces toward the west so i can't use the c4 antenna untill i move into another apartment facing toward East & Louisville,ky.The c4 has a range of 65 to 100 miles.Do i have any hope of picking up Louisville without moving to Boonville ?Thanks,James.
Old 8-May-2010, 1:47 AM   #4
yacov

Quote:
Originally Posted by yacov View Post
My location is Evansville,Indiana,i live in an apartment with an upstairs bolony,i'm trying to receive louisville,ky stations like wave3,or whas,wdrb.A small town about 15 miles from here Boonville,Indiana can pickup these stations with a weak signal but the signal fades out according the tv fool color codes.East parts of Boonville has a pink color code.i have one tv in my apartment.I bought a c4 ultra long range antenna,trying to pickup Louisville stations.I live in the eastern part of Evansville,but my apartment faces toward the west so i can't use the c4 antenna untill i move into another apartment facing toward East & Louisville,ky.The c4 has a range of 65 to 100 miles.Do i have any hope of picking up Louisville without moving to Boonville ?Thanks,James.
I would realy be thankfull for help on this matter.
Old 8-May-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
Dave Loudin

You need to give us some more information, first. Please rerun your TVFool plot, making sure you adjust your location and antenna height to properly reflect your situation. When you have the final radar plot, there will be instructions on how to share your results using the URL specified. Post that URL here.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-May-2010, 2:29 PM   #6
yacov

Trying topick up a station in Louisville,ky. from Evansville,Indiana,with a c4 ultra range antenna. Station is wave.or wdrb,or whas,94.7 miles to transmitter,, true 76 degrees,magn.76 degrees,nm[db] -17.6.Is it possible to pick up this station with a long range c4 ultra antenna?from Evansville,indiana zip code 47714,2201 thistle drive. Thanks,James.
Old 8-May-2010, 9:18 PM   #7
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

The stations will not be received at your Evansville location , you will need to move to East Boonville. As far east as you can get at East Boonville. There can be no buildings or other obstructions obstructing the view to the east , as the signal is very weak. Go to the >>Start MAPS<< part of tvfool and you will see that the signals are spotty at best. 90 miles is a very long ways in parts of USA where there are a lot trees and hills for Tv reception. Here is my recomendation , Tv antenna HD8200U and amplifier AP8275 . http://winegardtvantennas.com

Last edited by teleview; 8-May-2010 at 9:38 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections and update/clarify information.