TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Sep-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
markymark715

Smile Help Purchasing Indoor Antenna

Hi I am trying to put an antenna in the top floor of a condominium (12th floor indoor antenna) Could someone pleas recommend an indoor antenna for me. I live in Brampton Ontario Canada. I live 28.2 km or 17.52 miles from Toronto my TV signal analysis is
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60b53d2d2a09bf

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have had no luck with my first antenna purchase. Thank you.
markymark715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Sep-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Are there windows or a balcony that face to , east , south east , south?? 'Pending applications included' shows most of the Digital stations are grouped in those directions. Also does the tv have a tuner for the , Broadcast Digital Tv Channels , Not the broadcast analog channels , Not the analog cable channels , Not the digital cable channels??

Last edited by John Candle; 25-Sep-2011 at 5:27 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Sep-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
GroundUrMast

The number of strong signals available to you argue against the use of an amplified antenna. Many indoor antennas include an amplifier which can not be removed or disabled without destroying the antenna.

The non amplified TERK HDTVi and the Radio Shack #15-1874 are examples of indoor antennas worth considering.

If you have a window with a view SE, a Winegard HD-1080 or FV-HD30 are small enough to 'see' through the window. Though they are 'outdoor' antennas, they would also work well in many situations like yours.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote