TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 29-May-2020, 12:12 AM   #1
DaveBB

Help on antenna and press amp for this area

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038ecbdfa5efe

Hi looking for help finding the best antenna and press amplifier for this location. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dave
DaveBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-May-2020, 1:27 AM   #2
OTAFAN

Hi DaveBB:

Here is your rabbitears.info report which is probably more accurate than tvfool (please be patient as it takes about 30 seconds to load):

https://www.rabbitears.info/search.p...=dBm&height=20

What stations are your looking to receive? You have numerous stations coming from all directions according to your report. Also, what is the terrain like around your location? Are you down in a valley and/or surrounded by trees that might block your reception? This could be critical in your quality of reception.

One of the Techs here on TVFool is Tim from Georgia. He might have a better understanding of your location and if he chimes in, could give you helpful advice. Also, you could PM rabbit73 who is excellent at graphing a possible solution for your specific location.

But if you would be so kind as to give some further details, I'm sure the forum could be of assistance to you.

All the best.....

Last edited by OTAFAN; 29-May-2020 at 1:29 AM. Reason: additional
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-May-2020, 4:57 PM   #3
Tim

It looks like DaveBB is located in Lavonia, GA which is in a mountainous region in the far northeastern part of the state so his results are going to depend very much on his actual location. There can be big variations in signal strength depending on where the antenna is located.

DaveBB, as I have mentioned before in some of the other threads you started, the TV Fool report is no longer accurate as they have not updated their database since 2017. The RabbitEars report is what is needed. OTAFAN ran the report for your zip code area which shows some promising results, but a report with your actual location is really needed to make a better recommendation.

If you are not comfortable with generating that report at https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php and sharing it here, I would be happy to generate it for you and can post it here. Just PM me with your address or GPS coordinates and the height of your proposed antenna above ground.