TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23-May-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
GroundUrMast

A reliable method for generating a TV Fool Reception Report

Occasionally, the system is not able to accurately resolve a street address. This can produce an inaccurate TV Fool report. The following method avoids this problem.

When generating a TV Fool Reception report (TVFR), my preferred method is to open the Interactive TV Maps tool. Leave the 'input method' set to the default, 'address'. Then, enter only the ZIP Code... Now click the 'Map This' button.

At this point you should have a map displayed, with a movable cursor located at the center of the ZIP Code that was entered. Use your mouse to drag the cursor to the exact location you're interested in. In the upper right corner of the map you can select from view formats, I find it helpful to switch between the available formats to be sure I've selected the exact spot I'm investigating.

At the bottom of the map, enter the antenna height. 25' is a reasonable 'default' height if you are not sure of the actual height. When asking for help, you are encouraged to to post a TVFR, and you can post more than one. If your first report suggests that you have weak or marginal conditions, consider generating reports using higher antenna mounting height to see if conditions improve.

Once the cursor location and the antenna height are set correctly, click on the 'Make Radar Plot' button located at the upper right corner of the map. The TV Fool report opens in a new tab or window. You can then copy the URL from the address bar of your browser, for posting to a thread.

(If you would like to propose changes or additions to this procedure, feel free to send me a PM.)

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 2-Sep-2014 at 1:32 AM.
Closed Thread