TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Mar-2020, 2:02 PM   #1
olnick

Correct output voltage for RCA TVpramp1 inserter ??

I have done too much research on this and now I am TOTALLY confused!!
My original inserter (7-8 years old) uses a 12 volt wall pack (200ma.)that provides 9.50Vdc to the amp.

My new replacement amp/inserter RCA TvPramp1 (new 3/13/2020) the wall pack is 12 volts at 80 ma. and provides 9.05 Vdc to the amp. The last item to replace in trying to get OTA channels back again! (not installed yet) following up on the P/S issue/ concern!

Different reviews have different results, One being the voltage of the inserter! One installer states "all the P/S I check and at 9 volts will not work" "I use an inserter that provides 12 Vdc for the amp to operate correctly"

I did modify my original inserter to provide 12.15 Vdc to the amp It helped slightly but not worth the effort! I added a 611 Ohm resistor across pins # 1 and 2 on the internal regulator in the inserter!

Was this voltage requirement for a different???? RCA preamp?? or a different preamp totally?? I did think I was just in the RCA tvpramp1 section when doing the research!

any help/ input with this will be most appreciated!!

Still trying to get OTA ch34 for FOX25 news

Olnick

Go to this link for any and all questions regarding RCA tvpreamp1 amps and power inserters! Lots of info from tvfool members!!

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hd...al-review.html

Olnick

Last edited by olnick; 15-Mar-2020 at 3:44 PM. Reason: solution to my question/problem
olnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Mar-2020, 3:45 PM   #2
olnick

Go to this link for any and all questions regarding RCA tvpreamp1 amps and power inserters! Lots of info from tvfool members!!

Olnick
olnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Apr-2020, 4:56 AM   #3
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by olnick View Post

Olnick
Thank you for your report. This should help others. I myself have two of those RCA preamp. I love mine because they are an excellent combiner as well as amp.

The only thing I would say is every now and then it's nice to unplug your AC adapter and it somehow resets the amplifier.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote