TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Oct-2014, 2:39 PM   #1
Mrbowtie26

question about multiple antenna's

I recently had a db8e antenna with a mast mounted adjustable amp and decided to install an HD8200XL antenna to try and get fringe stations, and less dropouts from the db8e. I ran a seperate line without amp to the 8200 on a seperate mast and got around 11 stations with the 8200 alone. For the hell of it inside the house I hooked both lines (the amplified db8e and the non amplified 8200) into a cheap 2 way splitter and hooked it to one tv and did a scan. I now get about 24 stations (a couple more than before) but they all come in with almost perfect signal without any pixelation or dropouts. My main question is if I want to install a mast mounted amp to the 8200 to try to get more stations can I run 2 seperate amplified lines through a cheap 2 way splitter or will I need a special splitter. Note I do eventually want to run it to 2 tv's so I could use 2 seperate splitters one as a combiner then one to split the line into 2 but if they have one with 2 antenna inputs and 2 outputs that would be great. Thanks for any info.

P.S. the db8e is aimed in 2 different directions (both different than the 8200)
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Oct-2014, 4:39 PM   #2
Stereocraig

The common practice would be:
1. Antennas into combiner.
2. Combiner feeds amp.
3.Amp connects to power inserter.
4.Power inserter output feeds splitter.
5. Splitter feeds the TVs.

Any other config, may cause problems and wouldn't be necessary, as two amps wouldn't accomplish anything, that one couldn't.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote