TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Feb-2015, 4:13 PM   #21
thebignos

To the furthest tv prob 80 feet. I don't believe of any poor connections.I have a Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8X 8 Bay with Winegard Boost XT 20dB Pre-Amp (LNA-200).
thebignos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2015, 5:18 PM   #22
GroundUrMast

What happens when you completely remove the preamp? The LNA-200 lacks adequate shielding and may be prone to ingress of interference (FM and multipath).

(Please don't start a new thread for each question related to the same location, Thanks)

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2015, 5:32 PM   #23
thebignos

unplugged i loose 10 channels.
Old 23-Feb-2015, 5:40 PM   #24
GroundUrMast

Does unplugged mean that the power is disconnected... Or, that the preamp unit and it's power supply is totally disconnected from the system?

Which 10 signals fail? (real channel #'s please). Backing up to post #18, what signals are being affected? (again, real channel numbers please).

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 23-Feb-2015 at 5:42 PM.
Old 23-Feb-2015, 5:58 PM   #25
thebignos

ok i need some time ,,,,,thanks
Old 24-Feb-2015, 1:10 AM   #26
thebignos

With no preamp installed I loose channels 24,50,41,40,19,22,42. Well it was not ten.<seem like it> With the splitter installed it is extremely rare I get these. The reason I wish to receive these is the Toronto stations play more children programming for my grandchild.
Old 25-Feb-2015, 3:49 PM   #27
GroundUrMast

It looks like you've listed virtual channel numbers rather than the real channel numbers, If that's the case, you're having problems with the weakest signals only. The best suggestion I can offer is to experiment with alternate antenna mounting locations & height.

You could also try replacing the LNA-200 with an Antennas Direct 'Juice' preamp which has a solid metal housing which provides nearly perfect shielding. But as always, reliable reception depends first and foremost on the antenna producing a quality signal at it's output. An amplifier won't do the antennas job.