TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Mar-2015, 3:26 AM   #1
saw2814

Need my own antenna

Let me try this again. I want to cut the cord, but the wife requested we do a trial run on the bedroom tv first and then repurpose the antenna to the camper no matter what happens.

I want to go with an indoor antenna, but don't know what type is best for my location. I burrowed a clear-cast x1 digital antenna from a buddy at work and it gets me all the locals plus ME, H&I, Get, Grit and Antenna tv along with channel 39 what ever that is. I get a fair amount of pixels on some channels off and on with the antenna mounted on the north wall up near the ceiling.

Trouble is the clear-cast x1 digital antenna is over $80 on their site and anything that is "as seen on tv" normally isn't very good for the money spent.

I know nothing about tv antennas now days and I am looking over this site to start learning.

My questions are is a directional antenna best bang for the buck in my area or should I look into something different. Want to keep it under $40 if I can and if I can get the 21 channels I am now but minus the pixels I would be thrilled. The more channels I get the better my chances of the wife saying dump directv.

I few leads would be great.

Thank you for your input.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f031fb6ff837

Last edited by saw2814; 28-Mar-2015 at 1:46 AM.
saw2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Apr-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Point an RCA ANT-751R due north. Mount outdoors, clear of obstructions. Resist the temptation to add an amplifier of any sort... Unless you have a cable run in excess of 150', and even if that's the case, try with no amplifier to start with.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Apr-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
eden

I've had great success with the Antennas Direct Clearstream C2V, both indoors and outdoors. I'd bet almost all if not all of the stations in green on your chart will be clear all of the time with a C2V with the exception of channel 4. It's just under $100 at Wal Mart or Best Buy but it's a one time investment. Oh, and channel 39 is the Ion network. Mainly reruns on their primary channel, Qubo (a children's network) on their second channel, something like TLC on cable on the third channel, and then shopping channels.
eden is offline   Reply With Quote