TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Jan-2013, 3:16 PM   #1
Alan909

Stacking My Antenna Question

Since I have learned a preamplifier does not draw in signals from air to my antenna, I was wondering if I would get better reception by stacking my Winegard HD7084P with another antenna using the Winegard CC-7870...If so, what would be a good match for antenna choice to put above my HD7084P ??? ... My TVFR below...
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda471ecaadb9
Alan909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-2013, 3:38 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Probably not but it depends on the very specific objective you're trying to accomplish.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-2013, 4:28 PM   #3
No static at all

You would better served with separate UHF/VHF antennas for best performance; especially for UHF. I recommend the Antennas Direct 91-XG / Antennacraft Y10-7-13 for maximum signal pulling power. Both antennas are lightweight & will have less wind loading issues than your present antenna.

Combine the 2 antennas with the Antennacraft 10G222 dual input pre-amp for minimal signal loss. The antennas need at least 1 foot of vertical separation on the mast to avoid signa interaction between them.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-2013, 6:01 PM   #4
teleview

To see what happens to signal strengths , please make 4 more tvfool radar plot reports.

With antenna heights.

1 foot above ground.

10 feet above ground.

40 feet above ground.

60 feet above ground.

So I can evaluate and recommend the Best antenna at a antenna height for reliable reception.

Last edited by teleview; 27-Jan-2013 at 2:03 PM.
Old 25-Jan-2013, 6:17 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

Stacking antennas is an option. In practice, you need to use identical antennas and expect that the final 'tuned' combination may only work well for one frequency.

Because you already own one antenna, I would exhaust mounting height and location solutions first. Then try using separates as suggested by NSAA. Then resort to custom built solutions as a last resort.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jan-2013, 1:43 PM   #6
Alan909

Can I still us my HD7084P(both vhf-uhf) using the 10G222 as you suggested with the 91XG(uhf)??? or will I need just a vhf antenna to add the 91XG???

Last edited by Alan909; 27-Jan-2013 at 2:48 PM.
Old 27-Jan-2013, 3:05 PM   #7
No static at all

Yes, the 7084 will connect to the VHF input of the pre-amp. The 91-XG will connect to the UHF input.

The VHF section of the 7084 is very good. The only drawback is the extra weight & wind-load of the 7084 compared to a VHF-Hi only antenna.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jan-2013, 3:32 PM   #8
Alan909

Thank you NSAA and everyone for all the advice and info...I read forums of great success with the stacking to the HD7084P with the 91XG...spacing them around 35" to 40" apart...Of course, I will be getting both antennas high as possible with a rotor...Feels like I am getting back into Ham Radio again setting up my antenna, lol...
P.S. Will place my order a.s.a.p and will update what happens either way with before and after with stats...