TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics

Notices

Old 12-Nov-2015, 2:20 PM   #1
jimmylittleman

DVR to DVD

Hi

I cannot figure out how to transfer shows recorded on my OTA DVR (Channel Master 7000 Pal) to a DVD disc

My TV has an HDMI 1 and 2 setting - one is for watching TV and recording on the DVR and the other setting is for playing DVDs etc - when I play a recorded show off of the DVR and have the DVD player on "record" nothing transfers

I think that this is probably something that I am just overlooking but I would like to figure this out as my DVR hard drive is getting full

Any ideas

tx
jimmylittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2015, 5:44 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
the DVD player on "record"
Do you have a DVD "player" or a DVD "recorder"? There's a big difference as a DVD player cannot record.

Quote:
My TV has an HDMI 1 and 2 setting - one is for watching TV and recording on the DVR
????

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2015, 7:43 PM   #3
jimmylittleman

Yeah sorry I did not make that clear - I have a DVD recorder - have successfully recorded TV shows before the system went digital - since then I can only record from TV to DVR on HDMI 2 - the DVD recorder only works on HDMI 1 setting so crossing those platforms is what I have not been able to figure out

So I can play a recorded show/game etc from the DVR and hit "Record" on the DVD with a disc etc but nothing transfers

Hope this makes more sense
jimmylittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2015, 8:35 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

You'd likely do best to simply contact the device manufacturer for assistance.

DVD recorders are pretty scarce and very few people even know they exist, much less use one.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Nov-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
timgr

DVD recorders are present in home computers routinely. If you want to record shows that you have saved, I would think you could do it with your home theater PC that acts as a DVR and saves programs to the hard disk for later playback. It's got to be just a matter of software that packages the saved files in DVD format and copies to the DVD media.

That, or stream the shows recorded on your existing DVR to the hard drive on your home computer. From there, you record onto DVD. If your DVR does not support streaming to another device (via USB typically), then you are kind of stuck with hacking the DVR so it will stream, buying a different DVR setup that will allow you to stream data, or start erasing old programs from your DVR so you can load more programs.

Last edited by timgr; 12-Nov-2015 at 10:47 PM.
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Nov-2015, 6:34 PM   #6
Tower Guy

Unless I'm missing something, you need to add a connection from the Channelmaster DVR output to the DVD recorder input. The way you are currently connected the HDMI cables feed from each device into the TV set and not out to the DVD recorder.

Last edited by Tower Guy; 14-Nov-2015 at 6:38 PM.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote