TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 8-Feb-2011, 6:48 PM   #1
Skibble5150
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
CFCF Montreal (CTV) Digital 12.1 *** Addition Please ***

Just a quick note indicating that CFCF in Montreal, Quebec, Canada has finally gone digital as of the last weekend in Januaury 2011.

The analog channel is 12, the digital channel is 12.1 (CFCF-DT).

"CFCF-DT is required to broadcast on its currently assigned analog channel number 12. However, through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display CFCF-DT's virtual channel as 12.1"

Transmitter coordinates:
4530′19″N 7335′29″W

Transmitter power:
Analog: 325 kW
Digital: 5.5 kW

Transmitter height:
Analog: 295.7 m
Digital: 692.0 m

www.cfcf12.ca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFCF-TV

Transmitter location (Google Maps)
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.50...9%28CFCF-TV%29


Please add and keep up the great work on TVFool.com!
Canada appreciates being included in your extremely detailed database.

Greg
Skibble5150
Montreal, Canada
Skibble5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Feb-2011, 3:59 PM   #2
tvlurker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 49
CFCF managed to quickly apply for, get approval for, and implement a pre-transitional digital facility in just over a month's elapsed time.
The details are in the IC database.

There are also many post transitional approvals in the IC database that are not yet included in TVFool. Most AU and AP banner entries in the database are for stations that are planning to convert over the summer, probably close to the August 31 deadline.

Would it be possible to get these entries listed as "pending" in the meantime, and get LR plots for them?

For a quick sort, check out the list http://www.user.dccnet.com/jonleblanc/Canada_TV_Stations/DT.htm Most of the AU and AP are for post transitional facilities, but some are for trasntional facilities. It wouldn't hurt to list them all as "pending".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibble5150 View Post
Just a quick note indicating that CFCF in Montreal, Quebec, Canada has finally gone digital as of the last weekend in Januaury 2011.

The analog channel is 12, the digital channel is 12.1 (CFCF-DT).

"CFCF-DT is required to broadcast on its currently assigned analog channel number 12. However, through the use of PSIP, digital television receivers display CFCF-DT's virtual channel as 12.1"

Transmitter coordinates:
4530′19″N 7335′29″W

Transmitter power:
Analog: 325 kW
Digital: 5.5 kW

Transmitter height:
Analog: 295.7 m
Digital: 692.0 m

www.cfcf12.ca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFCF-TV

Transmitter location (Google Maps)
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.50...9%28CFCF-TV%29


Please add and keep up the great work on TVFool.com!
Canada appreciates being included in your extremely detailed database.

Greg
Skibble5150
Montreal, Canada
tvlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Feb-2011, 4:08 PM   #3
mtownsend
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 632
Yep, we need to pull in the latest changes from the IC database. We are working on it, so please stay tuned.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Feb-2011, 1:48 PM   #4
tvlurker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtownsend View Post
Yep, we need to pull in the latest changes from the IC database. We are working on it, so please stay tuned.
That's great news! PM me if you need help deciding which AUs are actually on air now, and which ones represent "pending" approvals that are essentially post-transition parameters that are slated for implementation by August 31 2011.
tvlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Feb-2011, 8:58 PM   #5
Skibble5150
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtownsend View Post
Yep, we need to pull in the latest changes from the IC database. We are working on it, so please stay tuned.
Thank mtownsend. Your work is much appreciated!
Skibble5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Feb-2011, 3:02 AM   #6
mtownsend
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 632
In the latest update, all "operational" and "temporary operational" records from the Industry Canada database have been merged into the "current" data for our online tools.

All "authorized" and "license approved" records have been merged into the "pending" database.

So now some cleanup is needed. Any feedback on the following would be appreciated:
  • Which AU and AP records are already on the air (can be moved to "current" database)?
  • Are there any OP or TO records that are not really on the air (can be moved from "current" to "pending", or deleted as appropriate)?
  • Which active transmitters will go off the air after the transition (on or around Aug 31)? If we get these identified, they can be removed from the "pending" database to give that list a more accurate post-transition representation (i.e. take care of channel re-assignments/flash-cuts, remove analog transmitters that will be gone, etc.).
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Feb-2011, 2:14 PM   #7
downbeat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary, Alta., Canada
Posts: 23
Awesome! Thanks for that. If it's not too much trouble, stations listed as RE are also good for your maps ...
downbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Mar-2011, 1:29 AM   #8
tvlurker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 49
Ottawa-Gatineau update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtownsend View Post
  • Which AU and AP records are already on the air (can be moved to "current" database)?
  • ON Ottawa AU 25 CBOT-DT -- same as the current OP record.
    ON Ottawa AU 27 CFMT-DT-2(2) -- same as the current OP record
    Quote:
  • Are there any OP or TO records that are not really on the air (can be moved from "current" to "pending", or deleted as appropriate)?
  • The CRC stations in Ottawa are only intermittently on the air.
    Also, CRC-DT-1 has moved from channel 54 in the database to chanel 51. although I haven't seen it on air yet. Simce these are intermittent, experimental stations, perhas it is best to leave them as "pending: sp as not to confuse people.
    Quote:
  • Which active transmitters will go off the air after the transition (on or around Aug 31)? If we get these identified, they can be removed from the "pending" database to give that list a more accurate post-transition representation (i.e. take care of channel re-assignments/flash-cuts, remove analog transmitters that will be gone, etc.).
  • ON Ottawa OP 20 CKXT-DT-3 - no public application seen yet for the Ottawa or London transmitters, although the Toronto and Hamilton ones were just posted. May go dark, as Quebecor has stated SunTV will be replaced by cable-only SunTVNews. In any case, will be replaced on this frequency by CJMT.
    ON Ottawa OP 22 CBOFT-DT - flash cut to 9
    ON Ottawa OP 25 CBOT-DT - replaced by identical parameters in "AU" entry. I believe the plan is to increase power a few years down the raod.
    ON Ottawa OP 27 CFMT-DT-2 - replaced by "AU" entry with identical parameters.
    ON Ottawa OP 66 CJMT-DT-2 - flash cut to "AU" entry on channel 20.

    All the other AU entries for Ottawa will flash cut on or close to August 31.

    The AU entries for CFGS and CHOT in Gatineau will flash cut on or near Aug 31.

    The parameters for CIVO Gatineau are not yet finalized (so you won't see them in the database yet.), but the plan is to flash cut on channel 30 on or near Aug 31. Presumably CIVP 23 Chapeau (near Pembroke) will also flash cut, but no details have been made public uet.)
tvlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Mar-2011, 9:45 AM   #9
mtownsend
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by downbeat View Post
stations listed as RE are also good for your maps ...
Should these go under "current" or "pending"?
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Mar-2011, 3:23 PM   #10
downbeat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary, Alta., Canada
Posts: 23
Those would be pending. Mind you, a few that were RE have now been approved.
downbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Mar-2011, 3:30 PM   #11
downbeat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary, Alta., Canada
Posts: 23
CFCF-DT(1) map discrepancy?

Please see the screen shot attached.
At the marker location, the NM for CFCF-DT(1) is almost zero, yet the map area is shown as green.
Is this OK?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-03-12 at 9.27.23 AM.png (197.3 KB, 735 views)
downbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 6:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © TV Fool, LLC