TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 9-Sep-2017, 7:39 PM   #1
Spyderelcd

Antenna help

I would love to put up an HDTV antenna but I don't think I'll be getting many channels if I do. Can somebody please give me some advise based on my report about what channels I would actually be able to get and is it worth it? http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4123a34b179
Thanks
Old 10-Sep-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
jrgagne99

If ABC is important to you, I recommend a Winegard HD8200U or a CM-5020. These are big, but needed if you want to get ABC (WPVI, ch-6, VHF-lo) without a rotor. You would aim to 297-degrees magnetic, and have a high probability of getting ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, PBS. If you want a slightly smaller antenna (i.e. one without VHF low elements), the Winegard 7698P may work, but you would need a rotor and you would be getting your ABC on channel-7 (VHF-hi) at 22-degrees. In either case, you'll need a mast mounted pre-amp like the CM-7778 or RCA-TVPRAMP1,especially since FOX is way down at NM=6 dB.

Last edited by jrgagne99; 10-Sep-2017 at 1:30 PM.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2017, 6:17 PM   #3
Tower Guy

Many of the stations you can get are in different directions. This implies that you either need a rotator, or must decide to concentrate on NY or Philly. I'd try a fixed aim antenna at Philly if I were an Eagles fan or NYC if I were a Giants/Jets fan. If you want some of each, there are ways to add VHF antennas aimed in one direction with a UHF antenna aimed in another.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote