TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates

Notices

Old 24-Jun-2012, 7:14 PM   #1
roadtripboy

WUGA Tower location wrong

The tower location show for WUGA TV - Toccoa, Ga is wrong. The tower is in fact located above Toccoa, not between Athens and Toccoa as shown.
roadtripboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Jun-2012, 8:10 PM   #2
roadtripboy

Just a bit more info. I believe you are showing the location of the WUGA FM tower. WUGA TV uses the same tower that it used under it's old call letters WNEG TV.
Old 25-Jun-2012, 5:25 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

WUGA has been issued a construction permit to relocate broadcast operations to the location that is shown.

Once a CP is issued in the FCC database, the TVFool database will usually reflect the information in the CP unless manually overridden.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Aug-2012, 1:03 AM   #4
roadtripboy

I have just spoken to the station's general manager. (I used to work for the TV station) He tells me they will not be moving to the new tower location and will stay with their current tower location.. You might want to switch back to the map for Toccoa, GA tower location.
Old 14-Aug-2012, 4:39 PM   #5
roadtripboy

Yes...after talking with my former boss...you're correct about the WUGA FM. Tower. What I was trying to address is the WUGA TV tower. They will not be re-locating to the tower listed on the TV Fool website. And I thought that TV Fool would like to show the correct tower location for the TV station.
Old 22-Aug-2012, 2:31 PM   #6
roadtripboy

This all very interesting...but doesn't have anything to do with post the I made about WUGA formerly WNEG. They are still operation from WNEG's old tower location. And plan to continue to broadcast from there in the future.

The only connection is that now WUGA gets it's programming form GPTV.

The tower location listed for WUGA is still wrong. I simply don't know how I can make this post any clearer.