TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Mar-2013, 1:09 AM   #1
lbo

Puzzling question

I am helping my mom by installing an antenna for OTA reception. She recently cancelled DISH. Good news is the antenna mounted in the attic works great, 36 solid stations from 40 miles away.

I am trying to get the signal to two tv sets; downstairs and upstairs bedroom. When Dish was installed the feed came inside, was split, and connected to the Dish DVR (TV1 & TV2). Out from the DVR there were two outs, one going to the TV downstairs and one going to a COAX wall outlet. The downstairs wall outlet fed her wall outlet upstairs, she hooked her TV up to the wall outlet to get Dish reception.

Thought it was odd how this is wired but it's how she got Dish reception upstairs.

I have the cable coming from the antenna, to a pre-amp, then to a splitter with one connection to the downstairs tv and the other to the wall outlet. Thinking this wall outlet would feed the upstairs, well it doesn't. What am I missing here or am I overlooking something? These are the only two cable outlets in the house and it worked for Dish, why isn't working for the OTA antenna?

Thanks in advance.
lbo is offline   Reply With Quote