TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 22-Aug-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Plinka

Looking for antenna advice

My signal situation is in the link below and I am hoping someone here would be able to recommend a good antenna that ideally can pull in the major networks without having to be rotated. Ideally an antenna that is not mounted to the roof as my rather large *** is not nimble enough to get on the roof.

Misc. comments about the home
1. has aluminum siding
2. trees overhang chimney
3. main power cable comes in right next to cable box
4. 2 4 way splitters where cable enters the house.
5. 1 signal booster in between splitters

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance for your help everyone.
Plinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Aug-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Please post the link to your TV Fool report.

Thanks

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Aug-2013, 2:32 AM   #3
Plinka

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae9359e648e5

forgot to add it sorry
Old 23-Aug-2013, 3:32 AM   #4
GroundUrMast

Reliable reception is easier to achieve if you can avoid aiming into vegetation or obstructions such as buildings. Presuming you can do that...

An RCA ANT-751 pointed toward the SE would receive all the major networks... and much more.

The ANT-751 lends it self to wall mounting. However, it would be best to avoid mounting close metal, including the siding. You also would want to avoid mounting close to the power lines for safety reasons. Do you have a deck railing to mount on?

I know nothing about this site: http://www.tvantenna.com/products/tv...reshooter.html, but the images are along the lines of what I'm thinking in your case.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Aug-2013, 8:30 PM   #5
teleview

Aim a ANT751 antenna at about 140 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative effect on broadcast tv reception and so do buildings and other obstructions in cluding your own roof and house.

The Best Practice is to install the antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions in the directions of reception including your own roof and house.
Old 4-Sep-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
Plinka

Got the RCA antenna and mounted it on the fence (6') that runs next to the house. I was briefly able to get CBS but cannot get FOX or PBS. Fence is pretty close to the house (3-4' away). All other channels cut in and out with the exception of the analog channels

I don't have 100% unobstructed access to the SE but I am assuming I would be best off contacting an installer to put the antenna on the roof but if you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.
Old 5-Sep-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
teleview

Install the ANT751 antenna Above the Peak of the Roof in such a manner that the roof and house are Not Impeding and Blocking Reception in the directions of , East , South East , South , South West , West.