TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Jul-2013, 7:54 PM   #1
roberius

Antenna Advice

I have a Lava Antenna in my attic but the rotor doesn't work anymore. I wold like to receive stations from Columbia, SC AND Augusta Ga. I need to have the antenna in the attic. Any help would be appreciated. Here is my signal analysis.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aebc7ca1c73b

Thanks
roberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2013, 5:39 AM   #2
teleview

The Columbia area Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels are Very Weak Signal Strength.

If you will install large antennas above the roof in such a manner that the roof and house are not impeding and blocking reception to the , North East and South West , South East.

I can help.

Last edited by teleview; 29-Jul-2013 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 19-Jul-2013, 1:32 AM   #3
roberius

I guess I will have to go with Augusta Ga.
The Lava picks up channel 19 (Columbia) in the house facing the front window.
I have the Lava up in the attic and is becoming a pain to adjust. I would have it set and it will pick up 13 stations, then the next day only 8.
Is there another way to get a better signal or better antennas?
Old 25-Jul-2013, 9:46 AM   #4
roberius

In order to pick up the reception, I must install a Attic Antenna. Any suggestions on the antenna?
Old 28-Jul-2013, 9:15 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

Installing the antenna in the attic puts you at a significant disadvantage to start with. If you must mount in the attic, then use the largest antenna that will fit. There is a chance you could receive the signal from WCES (real CH-6) if you use an antenna with support for low VHF. Consider the Antennacraft C490 at a minimum, the HD-1850 would not be overkill IMO. If you don't want to try for WCES, then you can use a smaller antenna such as the Antennacraft HBU series (HBU-33 or larger). (Again, given the disadvantage caused by attic mounting, use the largest antenna that will fit in the space while still allowing for proper aim.)

http://www.antennacraft.net/Antennas...llChannel.html
http://www.antennacraft.net/Antennas/AntennasHBU.html

Unless you have a long run of cable or you're splitting to several TVs, there is no benefit installing an amplifier.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote