TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Jan-2012, 12:38 AM   #21
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
behind this antenna there is a option to turn off the amplified, i try both thing, turn ON amplified system and OFF also. but doesn't make any change. i thing i should buy a outside antenna, can u suggere me one better for me for outside, i have old GE tv of 1997 and converter box. ...
If the signal passes through the amplifier while it is turned off, then it acts as a massive attenuator. With your signal strength, the amplifier hurts whether it is "on" or "off."
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-2012, 12:56 AM   #22
trublu

actually it's not written On or Off, it'S written Bypass and Amplified. there is a bouton which we can move toward option Bypass or toward option Amplified. there is a power supply also which give the power to Amplified system. if i dont plug it that s mean the amplified system is Off. hope u understand
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-2012, 1:41 AM   #23
Dave Loudin

If you do not plug the amplifier in, then it will completely disconnect the antenna, not bypass. The antenna must be plugged in for the bypass option to work.

Your English is good enough for us to understand you. However, I think you will benefit from a French-language forum with people who live near you and may have already found what works. Go here - http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-2012, 1:42 AM   #24
GroundUrMast

Quote:
behind this antenna there is a option to turn off the amplified, i try both thing, turn ON amplified system and OFF also. but doesn't make any change. i thing i should buy a outside antenna, can u suggere me one better for me for outside, i have old GE tv of 1997 and converter box. so please tell me one better one. thanks
Consider the Winegard HD1080 outdoor antenna.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jan-2012, 9:38 PM   #25
trublu

i saw his specification and it say VHF/UHF Antenna (channels 7 - 69), that's mean there is no channel number 2 and 6
it s not important for me to have a HD because my tv is 1997 model so it's not hd. i just need a antenna who can pick-up all the channel, thanks,
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Jan-2012, 1:23 AM   #26
MisterMe

Quote:
i saw his specification and it say VHF/UHF Antenna (channels 7 - 69), that's mean there is no channel number 2 and 6
it s not important for me to have a HD because my tv is 1997 model so it's not hd. i just need a antenna who can pick-up all the channel, thanks,
For now, you need a 2-69 VHF/UHF antenna. I recommend that you make the leap to a digital TV set. If it is too rich for your blood, then I strongly suggest that you purchase a digital converter with analog pass-through. One will cost approximately CAN$40. Your digital stations will come in with absolutely no snow and no ghosts (mult-path reflections). You may find that the improvement of digital over over analog is as impressive as the improvement of high-definition over standard definition if not more so. The analog pass-through feature will allow you to continue to view your analog broadcasts if no digital version is available.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Jan-2012, 3:15 AM   #27
Dave Loudin

trublue, you need to either post in the right Montreal thread in the French forum I pointed you to at DigitalHome or go here http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129 and choose the right Montreal thread in English. You will need to post the link to your TVFool report, also. Don't post in a satellite thread! Over the air television is completely different.

If you don't heed any other advice, try starting with a simple loop and bunny ear combination like this one at The Source. Don't buy anything that amplifies or has a tuning knob. Connect it to your converter box. If that doesn't work, the HDTVi would be the next step.

By the way, you do need to be receiving the digital, mostly HD, signals. The converter box reformats to analog 480i that your TV can display.

To everyone else, most, if not all analog broadcasting is off in Montreal. trublu does not need channels 2 - 6.

Last edited by Dave Loudin; 12-Jan-2012 at 3:19 AM.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote