TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Antennas

Notices

Old 22-Jan-2014, 4:29 PM   #1
Kevin

Well made compact VHF/UHF antenna with built in rotor

Can anyone recommend a well built compact antenna with a built in rotor? The installation would be in my attic, which has limited space. I was thinking about something similar to the LAVA HD 2506 but more solidly built and with a bigger rotor motor.

Best regards,
Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Jan-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Guilt by association

Related Help With Reception thread: http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=14088

There is no doubt a place in the market for a compact U/H-V antenna + rotator + overload resistant DA... paired with a STB tuner/rotator controller...

Sadly, the Lava product is an example of a decent idea that's been given a bad reputation... The poor execution of the Lava product and it's shamefully hyped ad claims have made the concept guilty by association.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Jan-2014, 9:33 PM   #3
Kevin

Thanks again GroundUrMast,

My old antenna (which doesnt rotate anymore) is something like this http://www.antennacraft.net/Manuals/HDMS9100_Manual.pdf It worked well for me for about a decade before quitting but it would be nice to pull in a few more channels. If there is nothing like a good quality version of the Lava antennas, I guess I am back to either cobbling together antenna(s) with a rotor or filters or perhaps getting a new Antennacraft Ministate antenna.

P.S. the range of VHF signals I would like to recieve are about 106 degrees apart and UHF about 156 degrees apart so multiple antennas with filters is likely to be very costly as you suggested earlier.

Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote