TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Sep-2018, 7:21 PM   #21
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

If you were to actually open up and look at what's inside the "King Jack" RV antenna, you'd be far less likely to be so smitten with it. By the way,it's about as blind as a bat on low VHF. Probably -20 to -30 dB net gain before amplification. Even the old Sensar "batwing" style of RV antenna was way better than that on low-VHF.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 2-Sep-2018 at 7:25 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Sep-2018, 2:11 PM   #22
JoeAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
If you were to actually open up and look at what's inside the "King Jack" RV antenna, you'd be far less likely to be so smitten with it. By the way,it's about as blind as a bat on low VHF. Probably -20 to -30 dB net gain before amplification. Even the old Sensar "batwing" style of RV antenna was way better than that on low-VHF.
That is all very, very true. However the "king jack" RV antenna is
tuned to the nascar circuit and the others are not......... LOL!!!!!!
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2018, 4:48 PM   #23
Nascarken
Banned

Well thank you for that lol and like I said go for the Winegrud 8200U with a channel master 7777amp and look in to a channel master telescoping mast of 45ft should work well for your location and your campers application or find a good hi tree and mount the antenna to that.it should work very well.
Nascarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2018, 4:53 PM   #24
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
ADTTeck!!!for get about antennas Direct hi price antennas
Becuse the king Jack will kik there buts,lol!!!
Old 5-Sep-2018, 5:02 PM   #25
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarken View Post
Well thank you for that lol and like I said go for the Winegrud 8200U with a channel master 7777amp and look in to a channel master telescoping mast of 45ft should work well for your location and your campers application or find a good hi tree and mount the antenna to that.it should work very well.
The 8200U is a waste of money. There are no low band VHF stations anywhere near realjet. Realjet remains better off with a high VHF antenna aimed at Chattanooga and a UHF only aimed elsewhere.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2018, 5:06 PM   #26
jrgagne99

Quote:
... go for the Winegrud 8200U ...
This is not a good recommendation because you have no VHF-low stations. The large elements on the 8200U would be nothing more than wind-sails. Further, small RV antennas don't have the gain required for the signals you're after. At least not in the universe most of us live in.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2018, 5:58 PM   #27
ADTech

Quote:
Obviously, you've done no serious examination of the antenna you keep suggesting. I would encourage you to do so.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Old 6-Sep-2018, 12:22 AM   #28
Nascarken
Banned

Wow really you 2 guy's are so funny but I will tell you this much money that you
Spend and I do not care the the antenna that rabbit suggest for hi vhf is a $40dollars
antenna and the HDB-91,that I suggested is a uhf,ANTENNA!! That is $45dollars!!
And know you have 2antennas together so know that you see the right way to set them up is one amp for your vhf? And one amp for your uhf. One a&b switch?
And yes you can put the two antennas together with one amp but. then you do not have the best ANTENNA sistum becuse you do not get the full antenna's performance.lol
That is why I suggest the Winegrud 8200U antenna for that reason it was designed for the
One amp set up lol lol ??
Old 6-Sep-2018, 12:31 PM   #29
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
This is not a good recommendation because you have no VHF-low stations. The large elements on the 8200U would be nothing more than wind-sails. Further, small RV antennas don't have the gain required for the signals you're after. At least not in the universe most of us live in.
but you see you are wrong becuse low band vhf is coming back??
And the way I see it & the Fcc.they suggest that when buying an outdoor tv antenna they say too buy a good hi and low combow uhf/vhf,hi&low outdoor!!
Tv antenna set-up like the Winegrud,8200u.with a 7777Amp!!Ha guy's
For the money one ANTENNA I have used the hi vhf,ANTENNA that Ribbit!!
Suggest I have 2of them stagger stacked with an A&B switching forum vhf/uhf.
And I received channel channel's in North Carolina and South Carolina&so on
With the hi&the low band Vhf.with low band vhf ? And with ATSC,03, with an
LG,TV with the Winegrud 8200U I have staggered stacked two of them &it is
Silly of RECEIVE ?? Better then the DB8,and yes!! Better than the HDB,uhf.only &the ANTENNAS DIRECT 91xg,that's also uhf, with the channel master -7777AMP!! And tech'S say 90miles for uhf.?with the antenna Direct 91&the HDB,91,at a 118Ft hi with the channel master 7777AMP!!90miles
Of RECEIVING in Massachusetts so know let's go back to hi&low band vhf!!!
That you can receive BROADCASTING station for at least 1500miles away??
Silly yes but with two wingard's,8200u,stagger stacked with the uhf/vh f
With an A&B switch and 2,channel master amp.on a 150Ft TOWER!!one
Ham,rotor!! It's the best of the best ANTENNA out there to day!!!
Silly me with my inverted V antenna set-up for my HF,rig!!! Lol,73!!Ribbit.
Old 6-Sep-2018, 2:32 PM   #30
Tower Guy

Low band may be coming back in some places, but not his section of rural Georgia.

Adding a UHF and VHF antenna together in a UVSJ prior to a preamp offers outstanding performance.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Sep-2018, 9:49 PM   #31
Nascarken
Banned

Not at all you are wrong about that have you used one I have when you put a vhf&a uhf
Together with the same amp you loos channel's lol
Old 6-Sep-2018, 11:17 PM   #32
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Not at all you are wrong about that have you used one I have when you put a vhf&a uhf
Together with the same amp you loos channel's lol
Please explain to me why you lose channels when you combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna.

When I combine a UHF antenna and a VHF antenna, I do not lose channels.

A UVSJ is designed to combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna without losing any channels. A UVSJ is designed to keep the UHF and the VHF channels separated before combining. Then, when they are combined, you will have all the UHF channels from the UHF antenna and all the VHF channels from the VHF antenna that you had before combining.

The only way you could lose channels is if you combine a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna using a UVSJ and lose some UHF channels that the VHF antenna picked up.

But, that is NOT combining a UHF antenna with a VHF antenna, that is combining a UHF antenna with a UHF/VHF combo antenna. You must use separate coax lines, separate preamps, and an A/B switch for that.

For your information, Winegard uses a UVSJ in the 8200U antenna to combine the UHF and the VHF sections of that antenna. It is called the CB-8269.

It works for Winegard; why doesn't it work for you?

Last edited by rabbit73; 6-Sep-2018 at 11:38 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Sep-2018, 12:53 AM   #33
ADTech

Quote:
For your information, Winegard uses a UVSJ in the 8200U antenna to combine the UHF and the VHF sections of that antenna. It is called the CB-8269.
...and, King Controls uses a UVSJ circuit in the King Jack antennas to combine the UHF and VHF signals post-amplification. I suppose that, if you had followed my suggestion about opening one up and looking at it, that circuit would have been obvious to someone of your great depth of experience.

Old 7-Sep-2018, 5:37 PM   #34
Nascarken
Banned

Well the box's on the Winegrud when I stagger stacked them the box I did not use?
Silly yes but when you use stuff like that can mess with what you RECEIVE ?
Like I have said before I use the channel master 7777,Amp with the fm,trap?
I have separated the uhf,frum the vhf. On the 8200u. So one amp.for uhf?
And one amp for vhf. With an A&b,switch. For the stagger stacked 8200u.
The hi&low,VHF,receive of,1500,miles away,and the uhf,receive of 90miles away!!
But with one 8200U,with the box's being used with the channel master -7777AMP,with
The fm trap!! Uhf,receive of 85miles,&the vhf,receive of 150miles of RECEIVE,,but I think
If you use 2 amp and do not use the box's the vhf receive will improve it you use an a&b.
Switch??? Yes Rabbit the hi vhf,ANTENNA by it SELF with a channel master 7777amp.
In southbrige MASS 01151 the antenna higth 45ft!!RECEIVE 25, so then I took one of
The HDB91 stacked 4ft and lost like 6 channels so then I used 2 amp one for vhf&one uhf.and yes I got my 6hi vhf channels back that I lost!! I think I needed the hole!!32:dbg
That the channel master amp puts out!!and HDB91 with a channel master amp hooked
To it buy it self!!!REVIVE of,90miles away!!
Old 7-Sep-2018, 6:30 PM   #35
jrgagne99

We need a moderator.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Sep-2018, 9:20 PM   #36
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
We need a moderator.
Why!!!what is wrong
Old 7-Sep-2018, 11:00 PM   #37
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Why!!!what is wrong
It's real simple, Ken.

The original poster realjet stated his reception problem at the beginning of this thread.

We made suggestions about what antenna he should use to receive the channels that he wants.

You made suggestions about what antenna he should use to receive the channels he wants.

And now, you are arguing with us about what antenna realjet should use, wasting everyone's time.

It is realjet's antenna and HIS money, so HE gets to decide what antenna to use, not US.

Last edited by rabbit73; 7-Sep-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old 8-Sep-2018, 1:03 PM   #38
Nascarken
Banned

Well my decision with him went out the window lol Ribbit yes you do loos channel's
When a hi vhf& uhf are stacked together that's RF. One feed line and amp for vhf/
And the same thing uhf,with an A,B switch?? If you're going too do it do it right ???
Old 8-Sep-2018, 10:46 PM   #39
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
That is rude, Ken.

You are not showing the proper respect to another forum member.

ADTech knows a lot about antennas and reception. He has helped many people improve their reception on this forum and other forums.

If you don't like Antennas Direct antennas, you don't have to buy them, but other users have bought them and been satisfied with the results.

Yes, ADTech does work for Antennas Direct, but he recommends the right antenna for the reception problem no matter what brand it is. He would not recommend an Antennas Direct antenna that is wrong for the job just to make a sale. He thinks like an engineer, not like a salesman, because he has integrity and wants the user to be happy with the results.

Antennas Direct antennas do cost a little more than the cheaper brands, but they are made better, and perform better. If someone buys an Antennas Direct antenna, he can return it if he isn't happy with it. If something is wrong with the antenna, Antennas Direct will fix it. In my opinion, that is well worth paying a little more.

There is too much focus these days on "how cheap can I get it," instead of "how good is it."

I'm happy with the DB4e and the DB2e that I bought. They are well made and perform well; I got good value for what I paid.

Be careful what you say to other posters and show the proper respect. Don't let what happened to you at the atelliteguys.us forum happen to you again, Ken.

Last edited by rabbit73; 8-Sep-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 8-Sep-2018, 11:17 PM   #40
Nascarken
Banned

Ha Ribbit freedom of speech rud no he is the one being rude!!! And why are you feeding
The problem this sattlight guy frum destroying our door tv antennas and antennas Direct
Teck!! Should STOP starving trouble with me i thought you would like my experience with
Rf,of vhf&uhf and how using a separate feed line makes a huge difference in uhf,vhf.
And how it works and the best ANTENNA too buy I only suggest and how well they work.
And as far as antennas Direct gos the 91xg!!is there best ANTENNA for get about the DB8!!