TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 17-Mar-2015, 4:27 PM   #1
js99

Antenna Advice

Hi everyone,

I am looking at cutting the cord and I would like your advice. I want to receive channel 13 and all of the local UHF channels. The two local towers are 100 degrees apart from my location. The challenge is that the house backs out on a forest with very tall trees that block the line of sight to those two towers. I'm looking at installing an antenna in the attic (~25 feet high) (I can't install it on the roof - wife). What would be my best option for an antenna? I am thinking an RCA ANT-751 (it supports VHF-HI/UHF). It appears to have a wide enough beam width to receive the signals from both towers. Is there a better option? I've also looked at the DB8e (UHF Only).

I get between 6-10 channels when I place an old RCA panel antenna in a second floor window facing west. 1/3 of them are choppy. I do not have any coax outlet on the west nor south side of the house which makes distribution to the other TVs difficult. With an attic installation I can easily run a cable to the basement and from there split the signal to the other outlets in the house.

TV Signal Analysis Results:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0e1b576ced6

Thanks for your help!
js99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Mar-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Trees and attic... ouch.

I'd go big... Antennas Direct DB8E + CS5 (for the signal on real CH-13). If you have problems with reception, explore alternate mounting sites and heights. If you are prohibited from mounting outdoors, you may or may not be able to catch sufficient quality signals to give reliable results.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote