TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Jul-2013, 7:41 PM   #1
miller_man

Help me pick the right antenna/setup please!

Just moved into a new house. Had an indoor antenna at the old house and picked up most local channels, didn't realize how easy I had it until we moved into the new house only a few miles down the road. Here is my signal info at this address

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aec938a60427

After NO success with the indoor antenna I went and bought a RCA ANT751R (without doing any research ) and put it on the roof. It helped a little but I only get a few of the major networks and even they are spotty at best. I really want to be able to pick up abc, nbc, cbs and fox - 3.1,9.1,12.1 and 61.1, or at least 3 reliably. I have been reading on here and thinking I should get a Winegaurd HD7694 - 98p and hopefully be good. Opinions, advice and input needed and welcomed. Please and thank you. Also I am hoping to be running two TV's off the antenna, and purchased an RCA 1in/4out amplifier/splitter - any good? Or just get plain splitter. Thanks in advance!
miller_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jul-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
teleview

As a Test to Prove Reception.

Install the ANT751 above the roof in such a manner that the roof and house are not impeding and blocking reception in the directions of , North East , North West , West , South West , South , South East.

Aim the ANT751 at about 344 degree maghnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Install a NEW matching transformer to the ANT751.

Connect a NEW Continues Length Of Coax to the matching transformer.

Run the NEW continues length of coax through a open door or window Direct to 1 Tv.

The Tv Must Channel Scan for the Digital broadcast Tv stations/channels.

Not cable channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select , 'Antenna Channels' ~ 'Air Channels'.

Scan for channels.
Old 26-Jul-2013, 1:14 AM   #3
miller_man

Ok, sorry - should have gone into more detail. I have played with positioning the antenna on the roof several times. I've walked about half the roof holding the antenna and on the phone with my fiancé, stopping and scanning when a channel comes in. I have mounted in two different locations, so far with the best being in the middle of the roof (at the peak of course) aimed at north west. I did use the new, matching transformer that came with the ANT751. I did buy a new 50' coax line and have had it running directly to the tv. So far, I haven't used the splitter/amp yet. And yes, I have searched for Antenna channels only.

I would add I am on the slight back side of a hill, very near the top with a few trees/houses up on the hill above me.
miller_man is offline   Reply With Quote