TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Jul-2013, 3:52 PM   #1
cityfool

antenna reception upstairs but not downstairs?

Hello!

I started looking into a solution to get OTA signal to a tv that I have downstairs. Since I live in a the middle of the city, and using the tvfool tool, I found that I live within a 10 mile distance from most stations. With that, a majority of signals (1-13 green/yellow) pointing in the north east direction and other channels (13+ green/yellow) pointing in the southeast direction.

I figured that regular rabbit ears would do the trick. I went out and bought a cheaper branded RCA set to test it out. I know that it would position sensitive so after trying all these different positions, the most I get is 6 channels.

Before returning the unit, I went and tried it on a tv upstairs, and voila! easily gets 30 channels with good signal. So my question is, how can i get that signal downstairs?!
cityfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Jul-2013, 4:28 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
... how can i get that signal downstairs?!
A longer cable.

You've got too much interference or ground clutter in the downstairs location that is impairing the signal's strength or quality. A different antenna is unlikely to solve those issues.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 24-Jul-2013 at 4:36 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Jul-2013, 4:30 PM   #3
cityfool

so should i just use an coax f-type adaptor to add a longer cable from the tv to the antenna and place it in different spots until i get the channel i want? Will that lose quality signal through the adaptor?
cityfool is offline   Reply With Quote