TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 9-Jul-2011, 6:02 PM   #1
an41

Requesting help in Sunnyvale, CA

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable info from the wonderful people on this site.

I am looking for some help on what I can do.

The tv signal info for my address is http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03d96dfa0b670a

I'm looking to install in the attic, 1 story home.

I have tried the Clearsteam 2 (from Costo) and I am able to pick up most except 7(ABC) and 11 (NBC) simultanously. I can get one or the other depending on where I point to. I understand that they are vhf and have tried to point to around 300 - 305 degrees.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.
an41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jul-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Metal siding - metal roofs - solar panels , stucko Wire , bricks , concrete , reduce and block Tv transmissions. Is the house made with any of these??
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jul-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

If you are already getting good results with the CS-2 in the attic, you will probably be able to successfully add a high-VHF antenna such as the Antennacraft Y5713. Use a UVSJ to combine the signals from the two antennas into the existing coax. Keep the two antennas seperated from each other and other metal objects, by at least 4'... more is better if it's possible.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jul-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
an41

Thank you for your replies.

John - As far as I can tell, house is not made of any of those.

GroundUrMast - I will try your suggestions

Thank you again.
an41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Jul-2011, 2:43 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Since the loop element is not the active receiving element for VHF on the C2, focus on receiving the UHF stations first. By changing the angle of the loop, you're inadvertently exposing more of the coax to the signal as described following.

A limited amount VHF reception capability is available via the coaxial feedline, similar to the concept used by your bedside clock radio using it's power cord or a Walkman-type portable device that uses the headphone cord for its FM antenna. You can experiment with the placement of the first several feet of coax to see if you can get adequate VHF reception. Usually, placing the coax oriented so it is both horizontal and perpendicular to the signals source works best.

I'd like your feedback as to whether or not this is effective in your case. If not, there's still a tool or two up my sleeve.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 11-Jul-2011 at 2:45 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote