TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Oct-2014, 3:36 PM   #1
Mike.sweeney

Direction Help Please

I think my father was tired of hearing me complain about my cable bill. He send me a rooftop antennea. It is a Channel Master 2020. It is mounted on my roof with a 10' mast. Right now, I have one TV hooked up to it. There was a really old Realistic (radio shack) aplifiier downstairs that I ran it through for fun. I think I ran the correct report here http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243df86d65d7f

Can someone give me a basic direction to aim this? I don't really need spanish channels if that is any assistance. And as another newbie question, when we talk about aiming, which direction is the front? Haha.

Thanks for any help. Have a great day.
Mike.sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 4:07 PM   #2
timgr

Get up on the roof with a compass and point it at the stations you want to receive.

You will need to choose one of the big groups of stations to the west-southwest or to the nort-northwest. No experience with that antenna, but you may get some of the green stations that are off-axis as well as the ones you are pointing at. Your reception environment is favorable and I would expect to get a lot of different stations. You can google the call signs and find out what each station is, then put together a group of strong stations that are all in basically the same direction, and point the antenna that way.

Some trial and error may be required.
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 4:39 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

I'd also get rid of the old amp. One, you don't need an amp and two, I've never seen an old RS amplifier that was worth having.

Aim alternately at Hartford and Springfield for testing, then select the aiming direction that offers the best overall selection of reception.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 7:38 PM   #4
Mike.sweeney

Thank you.
Mike.sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
Tower Guy

I'd start at 240 degrees.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote