TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 9-Jul-2014, 6:46 PM   #1
rudyardhro

Antenna Upgrade, Advice on Reception

Hello,

Although I have been using TVFool since 2007. This would be the first time that I post something.

I need to upgrade or change my antenna due to several failures over the last months; basically I'm losing channels receptions. I know that it is my antenna because over the years I had to make small repairs (Antenna is install on roof exposed to weather conditions and birds). And also I know that my current antenna is a medium-low quality.

I used to get 20 HD channels and after 3 years it was 14 and now I'm down to 9 channels and starting to fail. I made testing with another antenna (powered antenna) and manage to get again my 14 channels plus others.

I'm planning to change my current antenna to a Winegard HD7698P.

My current antenna is a 19 elements, it gets FM, VHF and UHF (Analog and HD). It manage to get the ABC and CBS signals which are about 30 miles from my home (further stations that I have) and I think it is Omni-directional. In the last years I had to use an amplifier to get a good signal.

And I plan to purchase the Winegard HD7698P antenna (I believe that it is only a Directional Antenna)

My TV Fool report is as follow (although it shows a few channels, in reality I get more channels that are not listed)

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c69ac07bd694

Would the Winegard HD7698P antenna help me on the reception?
I'm really interested on getting the CBS and ABC which are on HI VHF and the channels that are on the Azimuth True 341 degrees on report (NBC, KUSI, FOX, Etc). They were on the original 20 channels.

Would I need 2 antennas (one for HI-VHF and Other for UHF)?

Can I combine the 2 antennas into one Coaxial Cable?

Any advice would be grateful.

Thank you.
rudyardhro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jul-2014, 8:42 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Given the split between the two groups of signals to the NW, I'd opt for a DB8E + Y10713 + RCA TVPRAMP1R (which as inputs for both antennas. The ability to fine tune the aim of each antenna will be valuable in your situation.

I would also be quite suspicious of any coax that has been in the weather.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Jul-2014, 4:44 PM   #3
rudyardhro

Thank you for the feedback. I will install the antennas.

Yes, I was planing to change all my coax. Last week I was on my roof and didn't like the view of my current coax cables.

Thank you.
rudyardhro is offline   Reply With Quote