TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Mar-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
dsikes8

Need help getting better reception

I am new to this and think I have the right tools to make this work. I have a Channel Master CM-4228 HD Antenna with a Channel Master Titan 2 preamplifier. From that point my coax goes out side the house to a splitter for distribution to the tvs in the house. I am getting at most 12 channels. Here is the report from my address.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b8655bf59dffa

I cannot get Fox 5. Most of the shows I like are on Fox. My antenna is mounted on a 2" pvc pipe in the attic. I have hardi plank siding on the house. My antenna is pointed at magnetic 244 degrees. What else can I do to improve my signal.

Thanks for the help.
dsikes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2012, 5:52 PM   #2
phone man

Fox 5.1 is pretty low on your list of channels. -9 NM(db) isn't a lot of signal to work with. Moving your antenna outside where it has a clear view of 250 mag degrees is your best bet. Even then, don't expect 100% reliable reception with such a low signal but I'll bet you can pick it up most of the time.

You also have a Fox affiliate with a stronger signal available at 35 degrees if you care to turn the antenna around.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2012, 5:55 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

An attic mounted solution would not be my first choice. Though some signals make it through the roof, you're doing well to get the reception you're reporting.

Reception of WAGA, real channel 27 (virtual channel 5.n) calls for a tower or the largest antenna available... perhaps a combination of both.

Can you consider a tower? If so please post a TVFool report for 35' and 60' (or higher if you can consider such an option).

If not, a Winegard HD7698P or the combination of an Antennas Direct 91XG and Antennacraft Y10713 would be in order. Regardless of which antenna or combination you use, you'll have a better results by mounting outdoors in the clear.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2012, 8:33 PM   #4
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

I agree , if you will like to improve your reception and receive many more digital tv station/channels then post 2 more radar reports , antenna heights 35 feet and 60 feet.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
dsikes8

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to make some of these changes. I think with putting the antenna on the roof I can get to the 35' elevation. Hopefully that will help. I will let you all know how it goes. It will be a few days before I get to this.
dsikes8 is offline   Reply With Quote