TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Jun-2011, 2:18 PM   #21
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0099 View Post
So am I correct in assuming that this one antenna pointed 180 degree mc will get the Utica and Syracuse channels? (minus ION as you said)
If you aim a 91XG at 180° you may get only 3 networks, all from Utica.

Go back and study my post on June 6. If you change ANYTHING, the suggestion is invalid.

To get Syracuse the 91XG must be aimed at Syracuse. Even then some of the Syracuse stations may be marginal. The use of a AP 8700 preamp instead of a 7777 could loose the weakest Syracuse stations, especially if you add a splitter to the system.

To get Utica the 91XG is not the optimum antenna. WKTV is 22° off axis from the other Utica stations. The 91XG is extremely directional and only necessary if you want to receive Syracuse.

If you want a single antenna solution for Syracuse and Utica you MUST have a rotator.

Last edited by Tower Guy; 8-Jun-2011 at 2:21 PM.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jun-2011, 8:18 PM   #22
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

I have updated my post that starts , Well then with W22DO-D transmitter located ----. No the Syracuse stations will not be received because a antenna will not be pointed at the direction of Syracuse. There is no need to receive any of the Syracuse stations in the direction of Syracuse. There is no need to receive NBC , CBS , ABC , and etc. from Syracuse because the stations are being received from Utica.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jun-2011, 8:38 PM   #23
John Candle

OK then if not the 91XG then use a Winegard HD9095P UHF antenna , the forward reception half power beam widths are , channel 14 is 43 degree , channel 32 is 41 degree , channel 50 is 30 degree . Start with the antenna at about 180 degree magnetic compass and turn the antenna to the left and right for best reception of the Tv stations 'in that direction'.

Last edited by John Candle; 8-Jun-2011 at 9:38 PM.
Old 8-Jun-2011, 8:45 PM   #24
John Candle

'In that direction' is defined as , 165 , 197 , 198 degree magnetic compass.
Old 8-Jun-2011, 9:37 PM   #25
John Candle

Here is how to point Tv antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html , Read and understand this about , REAL Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Virtual Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Analog Broadcast Tv Channels , http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=695
Old 9-Jun-2011, 2:18 AM   #26
bambam0099

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
Here is how to point Tv antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html , Read and understand this about , REAL Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Virtual Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , Analog Broadcast Tv Channels , http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=695
Thanks to everyone for all your help. The only reason we were looking to Syracuse was for their news broadcasts, especially during SU Football & Basketball seasons.

Appreciate all your help and suggestions...I guess just Utica stations it is!
bambam0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Jun-2011, 6:28 AM   #27
John Candle

The antennas YA1713 pointed at WNNY and HD9095P pointed at Utica and the 2 antennas connected with a UVSJ and the output of the UVSJ connected to a AP8700 preamp can be mounted at 20 feet or so high , there is no increase of signal strength by going higher. The Syracuse stations signal strengths are in the negative NM(dB) numbers and have co channel interference , I do not believe that reliable reception will happen. The Utica stations are likley to have the same programing as the Syracuse stations.

Last edited by John Candle; 13-Jun-2011 at 5:37 PM.
Old 2-Feb-2012, 6:05 PM   #28
ken2400

Channel 22 is up and running as of around Oct 27, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCNY-TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
I knew the story about PBS in Utica without looking it up. I did verify what I already knew. What I learned is that WCNY never told the FCC that they built the station, or the FCC lost the paperwork.
ken2400 is offline   Reply With Quote