TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Dec-2015, 6:08 PM   #1
rkfdsam

New Setup Advice

First I am very new to this so thanks in advance for your patience and help.

I thought this would be a pretty easy task based on my location to my local stations but it is proving to be a challenge.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...b97d64ea3d4da4

I currently have the Mohu Leaf 30 and the Mohu Leaf Ultimate on my TVs. The local stations (7 - 11 mi range) come in choppy at best with a lot of audio dropout. The VHF channel is non-existent.

Strange thing is that on the TV with the Mohu Leaf 30 (no preamp) I seem to get better reception for those stations that are clustered just west of true North and 60 miles away as compared to the closer ones to my West.

Looking for any recommendations including investing in different antennas (indoor, attic, or rooftop) or things I should try to improve the reception of the channels close to me.

Thanks again.
rkfdsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Dec-2015, 7:22 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Go look out a west or southwest-facing window. What's outside in those directions? That's what the Rockford signals have to get through to get to your house, plus they must penetrate the envelope of your home and finally arrive at the antenna location with adequate strength and quality. If you're staring into a forest or a neighbor's house, you'll likely need to re-evalute your antenna placement, at a minimum.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Dec-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
rkfdsam

That makes good sense. I may have to consider an outdoor antenna in the Spring. Thanks.
rkfdsam is offline   Reply With Quote