TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Digital TV and Mobile DTV

Notices

Old 16-Oct-2016, 3:14 PM   #21
Stereocraig

I remember that happening quite a bit, especially in the days of I.E. and probably into my F.F. era.
Things seem to recover on their own usually, but I just added Lazarus, just in case.

Thank you, ADtech!
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Oct-2016, 3:29 PM   #22
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereocraig View Post
I remember that happening quite a bit, especially in the days of I.E. and probably into my F.F. era.
Things seem to recover on their own usually, but I just added Lazarus, just in case.

Thank you, ADtech!

Hey Craig,

You never know when you need it (Lazurus)

Do you use STB type tuners? Any suggestions?
Thanks, Bob

Last edited by bobsgarage; 17-Oct-2016 at 1:11 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Oct-2016, 4:31 PM   #23
Stereocraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage View Post
Hey Craig,

You never know when you need it Lazurus)
Do you use STB type tuners? Any suggestions?
Thanks, Bob
I used one of those Apex STB until about 2011 when we got our Sony.
It seemed to perform OK, but was dog slow, changing channels.
I would certainly pop for something like a CM STB, if there was any way to know if it performed better than the Sony.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Oct-2016, 9:16 PM   #24
GroundUrMast

I've got a Mediasonic HW-150PVR. I'm not thrilled with it's user interface, but it delivers HD reception reliably. I loaned/donated it to my church so they could do a football fellowship between morning and evening services, but since we changed locations that's no longer feasible for reasons unrelated to reception or any related hardware.

I'm storing it at the moment, because I prefer using my SiliconDust HD-HomeRun tuners. I have a computer dedicated to the family room TV and use it to record OTA and watch alternate antenna sources in addition to YouTube and web surfing.

However, I respect your preference to not use a computer to watch TV.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Oct-2016, 12:15 PM   #25
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
I've got a Mediasonic HW-150PVR. I'm not thrilled with it's user interface, but it delivers HD reception reliably. I loaned/donated it to my church so they could do a football fellowship between morning and evening services, but since we changed locations that's no longer feasible for reasons unrelated to reception or any related hardware.

I'm storing it at the moment, because I prefer using my SiliconDust HD-HomeRun tuners. I have a computer dedicated to the family room TV and use it to record OTA and watch alternate antenna sources in addition to YouTube and web surfing.

However, I respect your preference to not use a computer to watch TV.

I too have the Mediasonic Homeworx PV150PVR also. I mentioned that earlier and I share the same sentiments. Good picture, not so great interface. My remote has to be dead in front also. Off to a slight angle, it doesn't work. But for the price range it is fairly high functioning. Price isn't an issue though. I would pay more to have what I need.

I was interested in the HD Homerun, but found they don't make 2 RF input units anymore, but still call it a 2 input tuner, how does that work?

I wont be able to combine my two systems and feed it to a one RF input, and be any different than what I have now, correct?

I mean I wanted one tuner for my two antenna system.I am not opposed to using a PC, if it mean I wont have to put 2 tuners (or as Rabbit said two TVs in each room )

I tried to call Silicon Dust twice, but there is no answer. I was hoping they have some old stock or reman unit with 2 RF inputs.

Otherwise I will need another tuner, so I am keeping my eyes open

Last edited by bobsgarage; 17-Oct-2016 at 1:01 PM.
Old 17-Oct-2016, 1:25 PM   #26
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I was interested in the HD Homerun, but found they don't make 2 RF input units anymore, but still call it a 2 input tuner, how does that work?
Answered in post #4.

Once again, if your signals are in opposite directions, a bi-directional antenna is recommended. It eliminates every one of your concerns if it works properly.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Oct-2016, 2:39 PM   #27
RF Steve

The ePVision PHD VRX2 has two tuners with separate inputs for each tuner. Has a lot of features you probably don't need, but does not have a good signal meter.
http://www.epvision.com
RF Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Oct-2016, 1:12 AM   #28
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Once again, if your signals are in opposite directions, a bi-directional antenna is recommended. It eliminates every one of your concerns if it works properly.
Bi Directional antenna like DB8e?

Quote:
Answered in post #4.

Versions of the HD Home run from a few years ago did have two separate RF inputs, each feeding its own tuner. Subsequently, they went to a single RF connector with an internal splitter so as to support the dual tuners. Unfortunate....
Right, I get that, but how do they call it a two tuner? Without two inputs? I don't get that... That's why I said "how does that work ?" Internal splitter cannot solve my issue.
Old 18-Oct-2016, 2:15 AM   #29
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Phd vxr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Steve View Post
The ePVision PHD VRX2 has two tuners with separate inputs for each tuner. Has a lot of features you probably don't need, but does not have a good signal meter.
http://www.epvision.com

I found this thread, over 2500 posts in there, too much to go over.

I do like the fact that it has 2 RF inputs.

Maybe do some recordings, but mainly as a tuner.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/42-hdt...rs-thread.html