TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 25-Nov-2010, 7:05 PM   #1
re_nelson

Dallas-Ft. Worth market updates

I'm basing this report on the "Current Database" information involving the Dallas-Ft. Worth market.

1). K25FW (RF-25) flash cut just days ago. Analog 25 is now gone.

2). KLEG (RF-25) flash cut in September 2010. Analog 44 has been gone since that event.

3). KATA (RF-50) flash cut in June 2009. Analog 50 has been long gone.

4). KHPK (RF-28) is awaiting a build of their flash cut facility (granted a CP by the FCC). So, analog 28 is gone.

5). The trickiest update to handle is KFWD/52 (RF-9). The CDBS page is a mess showing the old pre-transition RF-51 facility and a never-to-be-built 55 kW plant on RF-9. In reality, the current power is a meager 13 kW. If I had to maintain the data for KFWD, probably just back the power down from 55 kW to 13 kW, since the CP and what's actually on the air (per the FCC-302 form) have similar directional patterns.

6). And since the KTVT 11->19, KPFW 29->18 and KTXA 18->29 trio haven't yet made any changes, it's probably just too confusing to sort this out since they're all currently operating on STAs (and the KTVT plant on RF-11 is still running with the post-transition facility as a simulcast of RF-19). It's a twisted tangle currently.

By the way, Andy, this is a great site and on Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for the service and appreciate the time it takes to keep everything up and running and accurate.
re_nelson is offline   Reply With Quote