TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-May-2014, 2:07 PM   #1
bobham1466

Thumbs up Bye-Bye DirectTV!

I'm looking for some advice on Antenna configuration and setup.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c62efdc0209b

I live in a rather rural area as you can see by above TV signal analysis. I have 5 televisions in my house that are currently fed by satellite. I'm considering mounting the antenna on the current J-Pole where the old satellite sits, and i'm interested to know if this is a good idea or not, plus recommendations on the following:
* Recommendation on a multi-directional or uni-directional Antenna?
* Recommendation whether a powered rotor is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether a pre-amplifier is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether a distribution amplifier is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether I can use the Coax from the current satellite installation (Note my DirectTV installation is just over two years old).

I should also note, that i'm streaming video to my television via Roku device, and subscribe to Netflix and Hulu, but only to one TV. It would be nice to be able to stream to multiple tv's and i'm guessing it will require multiple Roku devices?

Specific equipment recommendations are welcome.

With thanks,
Bob
bobham1466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-May-2014, 4:41 PM   #2
teleview

+=>

The provided tvfool report says in Red Letters that the tvfool report is Only Resolved to the Block Level.

So that a accurate recommendation can be provided please make tvfool reports with the Exact address.

Please make and post tvfool reports with antenna heights of , 25 , 40 , 60 , feet antenna heights above ground.

The antenna heights of 40 and 60 feet in addition to 25 feet above ground will provide a better evaluation of the over all reception situation.

-------------------------------

The December 2013 issue of Consumer Reports , page 42 , has a Practical and Useful article of devices for internet streaming.

Last edited by teleview; 2-Jun-2014 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 2-Jun-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
tsigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobham1466 View Post
I'm looking for some advice on Antenna configuration and setup.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c62efdc0209b

I live in a rather rural area as you can see by above TV signal analysis. I have 5 televisions in my house that are currently fed by satellite. I'm considering mounting the antenna on the current J-Pole where the old satellite sits, and i'm interested to know if this is a good idea or not, plus recommendations on the following:
* Recommendation on a multi-directional or uni-directional Antenna?
* Recommendation whether a powered rotor is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether a pre-amplifier is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether a distribution amplifier is necessary?
* Recommendation on whether I can use the Coax from the current satellite installation (Note my DirectTV installation is just over two years old).

I should also note, that i'm streaming video to my television via Roku device, and subscribe to Netflix and Hulu, but only to one TV. It would be nice to be able to stream to multiple tv's and i'm guessing it will require multiple Roku devices?

Specific equipment recommendations are welcome.

With thanks,
Bob
You will need multiple Roku's (I've got 4), but you only need one account. You can put up to 5 Roku's on a single account.
tsigwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jun-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
bobham1466

Here is an updated report using Coordinates. For some reason the system didn't recognize my mailing address

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c60dd45f2c78
Old 3-Jun-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
bobham1466

thanks for your feedback. I'm going to purchase the extra Roku devices.