TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-Dec-2017, 6:19 PM   #1
realjet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Help with antenna selection

Would like antenna recommendations for this location:
34.67941 -84.52722 My main concern is being able to get CBS. It doesn't matter what area it is from.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60eddace081bd2
realjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jan-2018, 2:32 AM   #2
JoeAZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 223
Greetings,

We really need lots more info from you. Trees, height of proposed
antenna, hills, other homes/buildings, etc, etc. Tell us about those
things and how many tv sets you intend to have. What kind of roof
do you have and budget.
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jan-2018, 1:39 PM   #3
realjet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
Greetings,

We really need lots more info from you. Trees, height of proposed
antenna, hills, other homes/buildings, etc, etc. Tell us about those
things and how many tv sets you intend to have. What kind of roof
do you have and budget.
There are many trees, 20' for antenna height, Elevation 1330', large hill, I believe it's to the north. Will only have one tv set. There will be a travel trailer on it. Budget is $150? No other homes in area. Hope this helps.
Thanks.
realjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jan-2018, 2:26 PM   #4
JoeAZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 223
I will assume that the trees are much higher than the planned
20 foot elevation of your proposed antenna. I will assume those
trees are less than 100 feet away. Under those circumstances,
it would be difficult, if not futile, to try to receive television from
either Atlanta or Chattanooga.
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jan-2018, 2:39 PM   #5
realjet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
I will assume that the trees are much higher than the planned
20 foot elevation of your proposed antenna. I will assume those
trees are less than 100 feet away. Under those circumstances,
it would be difficult, if not futile, to try to receive television from
either Atlanta or Chattanooga.
Yes, trees are higher. It's in the mountains. Thanks for the help.
realjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Jan-2018, 3:59 PM   #6
rickbb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 261
Do you own the hill or have permission to put a antenna on it? If so you might look at that as an option.
rickbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Jan-2018, 4:03 PM   #7
Tower Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delmar, NY
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by realjet View Post
My main concern is being able to get CBS.
The answer is channel 12 from Chattanooga. WDEF is not shown on the tvfool report.

The signal will be weaker than WRCB and WTVC. Try a high gain VHF high band only antenna http://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/3...nna/dp/71Y5462 or a Channel Master HD7698P. You will need a preamp. Try different heights until WRCB is as strong as possible, then scan for WDEF.

Last edited by Tower Guy; 2-Jan-2018 at 8:09 PM.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jan-2018, 10:39 AM   #8
realjet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbb View Post
Do you own the hill or have permission to put a antenna on it? If so you might look at that as an option.
No, the hill is on the other side of the road.
realjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jan-2018, 10:41 AM   #9
realjet
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
The answer is channel 12 from Chattanooga. WDEF is not shown on the tvfool report.

The signal will be weaker than WRCB and WTVC. Try a high gain VHF high band only antenna http://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/3...nna/dp/71Y5462 or a Channel Master HD7698P. You will need a preamp. Try different heights until WRCB is as strong as possible, then scan for WDEF.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
realjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jan-2018, 1:51 PM   #10
JoeAZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
The answer is channel 12 from Chattanooga. WDEF is not shown on the tvfool report.

The signal will be weaker than WRCB and WTVC. Try a high gain VHF high band only antenna http://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/3...nna/dp/71Y5462 or a Channel Master HD7698P. You will need a preamp. Try different heights until WRCB is as strong as possible, then scan for WDEF.
All on a $150 budget?????
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Jan-2018, 7:13 PM   #11
Tower Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delmar, NY
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
All on a $150 budget?????
OK, scratch the Winegard antenna. The Stellar labs VHF will fit the budget. An RCA preamp will also be affordable.

Note that WDEF in Chattanooga is not shown on the TVfool report due to the database issues. It is on channel 12. The transmitter power is somewhat lower than channel 13.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © TV Fool, LLC