TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Aug-2013, 3:13 AM   #1
jfbecke

Home Residence

I am so pleased to find this forum. After much frustration trying to watch TV just through the internet I have purchased an antenna from the recommendations from this web site. I have a new Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream 2-V Long Range UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor DTV Antenna. Now my question is, can I mount this in my attic and still get the needed reception? I am posting my link to the report for my transmitter database.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d46ae404f64764
I will be installing this antenna sometime early in the first week of August 2013. Any help, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Updated hotspot: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae404f6476e4

Thanks to all,
Jerry

Last edited by jfbecke; 5-Aug-2013 at 5:47 PM. Reason: update hotspot:
jfbecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Aug-2013, 5:38 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Hi Jerry,

Please double check your TV Fool report link. If you manually transcribed it there may be an error. If the TV Fool server lost it, ooops!

Without seeing your TVFR, it's hard to say what an attic install should be expected to deliver. In weak signal areas, an attic install may leave you frustrated and disappointed.

In strong and moderate signal conditions... If you have a metal or tile roof, foil faced insulation or thermal barrier, the attic is a very poor location for reliable reception. On the other hand, a roof with wood framing and sheeting, with a single layer of fiberglass/asphalt shingles can work OK... not as good as outdoors clear of all obstructions... but 'OK'.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Aug-2013, 9:55 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

Thanks for updating your TVFR link. The signal levels are too weak for me to think you would get much from an attic install.

The C2V is a very good antenna in strong and moderate signal conditions. It may not be enough antenna even if you mount outdoors, clear of all obstructions.

Your TVFR suggests that even the Antennas Direct 91GX and an Antennacraft Y10713 would not be over-kill. I would join the two antennas with an Antenna's Direct EU385CF UHF/VHF Antenna Combiner and then follow that with an Antennas Direct PA-18 preamplifier.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote