TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Jun-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
johnodon

Antenna Recommendation for Wesley Chapel, FL

Report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4f5fd05f854

We recently moved from PA to FL. In doing so, we have much better LOS and no more Lo-VHF channels to deal with. That being said, we do have a handful of Hi-VHF channels.

Depending on where the cable comes into the house (we are house shopping now), I may be able to mount in the attic if needed (single story house). Which antenna do you all recommend for our needs?

TIA!

John
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jun-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Jake V

A lot will depend on what kind of roofing material you have and what is in your attic. Attics are generally not friendly places for attics. But it always worth a try.

I'd try the Antennas Direct C2V or C2Max (the first is the old model being discontinued and you might get a good deal on it - and most big box retailers have a decent return policy). Aim it south to pick up the stations from 171 to 219 degrees. Try numerous places in the attic, choosing a location that does not look through metal or other such obstacles. Try it with one television first, with the coax running through the house to make sure it works.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jun-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Jake V

Note: Since you have not yet bought a house make sure to do a new TV Fool Report when you do, as the signal reception at your chosen location may be different then the plot you provided.
Old 10-Jun-2017, 5:52 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Antennas Direct C2V or C2Max (the first is the old model being discontinued
Not discontinued, it's still in production. It's distribution will be narrower since our major retailers are transitioning to the new MAX versions.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jun-2017, 6:13 PM   #5
JoeAZ

Lots of good information.... Remember that an HOA cannot prevent,
delay, or otherwise impede that installation of an outdoor tv antenna.
It is against FEDERAL law to do so..
Be sure you ground your system properly. An grounded system
not only protects from lightning, it can lessen interference.
Another antenna option: Winegard 7694p. Compact, durable and
less than $50.00 at Homedepot.com
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Jun-2017, 10:44 PM   #6
Jake V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Not discontinued, it's still in production. It's distribution will be narrower since our major retailers are transitioning to the new MAX versions.
OK. Thanks. It's no longer offered on the menu-portion of your web site, or from the site search. I can only find it via a google search linked directly to the page.

Also, (since we are discussing it), could you recommend to your website design people to post the technical data for all of your antennas? Some have it, some don't. It has been very helpful in the past (the gain diagrams are especially useful when aiming to get stations at multiple directions).
Old 11-Jun-2017, 12:52 AM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
OK. Thanks. It's no longer offered on the menu-portion of your web site, or from the site search.
That is correct. It's available but hidden from general view on purpose so that the new product models can be promoted.

All of our current models, with the exception of the DB8 and the C4, along with a number of discontinued products, have formal technical data sheets available although some are not exclusive only to a single product. If they're not on the web site, they are usually available by request.

The web site is one morass I prefer to stay out of.... but I'll make the suggestion.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 11-Jun-2017 at 12:56 AM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote