TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Apr-2012, 8:13 PM   #21
wedmiston

Well, after a few weeks of messing around I'm ready to throw in the towel, for a few reasons. One, the best I can do is maybe 30 channels and thats putting it on a 15 ft. mast standing in my front yard pointing it south. Anywhere else (attic, window) and it drops to 25 channels. Two, out of those, maybe 8-10 are snowy, really odd religious programming that I'' never watch, and a few others are "retro" channels which are fun for a change (Three's Company and and Dick van Dyke reruns), but aren't the stuff that will keep me watching. Major networks come in fine...but frankly, other than national news, we don't watch much major network programming. Lastly, my wife is really missing Food Network, Lifetime and TNT, and I'm missing Fox News, Discovery Channel and A&E. The only show we watched with any regularity prior to pursuing the antenna idea was "Walking Dead" which we've now missed a whole season.

Is there any hope here? I hate to pay for cable, but frankly, this is just seeming like too much work and we're giving up a lot. I still can't get the antenna on the roof and nobody will do the job, so the attic is likely my only shot and that gets me 23-25 channels, same issues as above. I also want to DVR a lot of stuff and between all the searching, Netflix/Hulu/Amazon protocols, I'll spend more time setting it up to record than watching.

Opinion?
wedmiston is offline   Reply With Quote