TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Sep-2013, 6:12 PM   #1
DC_Coughlin

Indoor Antenna Reception

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae6b4bb0c1d0

I live in a 2nd floor condo building so an indoor antenna is my only option and based on the signal analysis report this should be sufficient for my needs. I recently purchased a Clearstream Micron XG and while it picks up the UHF broadcasts really well, I realize now that its not the right antenna for picking up the VHF broadcasts I need (CBS, NBC, FOX). I've read good reviews for the Terk HDTVi or HDTVa for picking up VHF. Is one of these something I should try or is there a different indoor antenna that might work better for me? Thanks in advance.
DC_Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Sep-2013, 7:05 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Amplified antennas are usually more expensive and offer little reception improvident unless they are connected to 50' or more cable. When they are directly connected to the TV, with no extension, the amplifier has no cable loss to overcome, which is what an amplifier is for in the context of TV reception. (Though in the context of accessory sales, amplifiers are very effective at improving 'impulse buying' sales.)

Go with the HDTVi (Non-amplified).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 4-Sep-2013 at 7:07 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
teleview

The main group of Tv stations are to the , South West , put the antenna in/at a , South West , South , facing window or balcony door window , aim the antenna at about 200 degree magnetic compass direction.
____

Building construction that has less impedement to Tv signals are , wood , wood or vinyl siding , standard flat asphault composition shingles.

The following is a Non Complete list of building construction that will do more impeding and blocking of Tv signals.

Metal beams , metal doors , metal siding , metal roof , metal backed insulation , stucko Wire , concrete , concrete blocks , bricks , rocks , and more.

Here is how to aim indoor and outdoor type antennas.
http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Digital Broadcast Tuners can develop -Digital Glitches - that are not cleared out with simple channel scans.

Do Double Rescan , http://www.wchstv.com/DoubleReScanAlert.pdf.

Last edited by teleview; 5-Sep-2013 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.