TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 17-Mar-2010, 8:18 PM   #1
rivernut

Is this any good?

Saw an antenna advertised on line recently. Since I don't know squat about antennas, thought I'd run it by you. Is this: LAVA 2605 UHF/VHF/FM HDTV Terrestrial Antenna with Built-In Rotor IR Remote Control, of any use as an antenna? It sells for about $58 which is wildly cheap IF it works. Google it if need be.
rivernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Mar-2010, 2:02 AM   #2
teleview

Lightbulb Cheep China Antennas

I ordered 3 different models of these cheep china antennas for the purpose of evaluation. The aluminum of the antenna is super thin and flimsy. The plastic parts will not last very long out in the weather. The rotator motor is cheep and small. As the antenna rotates around it wobbles and sometimes will stop and not rotate back the other way. Videos of these antennas in operation can be found on the internet. If you will like one for evaluation and fun to play with , then buy it. If you will like an antenna that will keep on working then do not buy it. http://www.alibaba.com you will find these antennas and a lot more at alibaba. Some of the antennas are high quality and some are not. Alibaba is an education in international importing and exporting of any and all of every products.

Last edited by teleview; 19-Mar-2010 at 2:13 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Old 18-Mar-2010, 8:17 PM   #3
rivernut

Nuff said there. It sounds as if my suspicion that they were crap was correct. I greatly appreciate your feedback on that matter. It settles several thoughts I had running through my head.

The old story: stay with quality in the long run and you'll have good service and utility! Thanks again for your wisdom and your sharing on this incredible site!!!
rivernut is offline   Reply With Quote