TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 25-Mar-2010, 6:23 AM   #1
beatressle

K06oB wrong coordinates

The lat/lon given by TV Fool and the FCC for this station put it on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, east of Mesquite, NV and Littlefield, AZ (36.90/113.51. That is ~60 miles west, and on the other side of mountains, of where I believe it should be. The FCC lists it as a station for Hildale, AZ which is located at the following coordinates; ~36.58/112.58.

The FCC lists the elevation at 1529 meters which is consistent with elevations around Hildale. The elevation at the coordinates given by TV Fool and the FCC are ~670 meters which don't match the FCC elevations given.

Am I missing something?
beatressle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Mar-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
mtownsend

It's quite possible that someone entered the wrong coordinates when filling out the FCC forms. Instead of entering 113º 1' 51" for the longitude, someone entered 113º 51' 8".

We can make this change in the next database update. Can you confirm if there is an active analog broadcast on channel 6?
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Mar-2010, 8:29 PM   #3
beatressle

Sorry but I can not confirm if there are any broadcasts on channel 6 in this area. I am fairly sure that there are not any. I did check for audio at 87.75 mhz and heard nothing. I can confirm that there are no structures at the coordinates given for the tower location. That location is on the side of a rugged desert peak. The longitude appears to be listed as 1 degree too far west. A longitude of 112.51 puts one in the general location of Hildale, Colorado City and Cane Beds.

Stan
Old 25-Jun-2010, 1:39 AM   #4
dhett
OTA Holdout

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatressle View Post
Sorry but I can not confirm if there are any broadcasts on channel 6 in this area. I am fairly sure that there are not any. I did check for audio at 87.75 mhz and heard nothing. I can confirm that there are no structures at the coordinates given for the tower location. That location is on the side of a rugged desert peak. The longitude appears to be listed as 1 degree too far west. A longitude of 112.51 puts one in the general location of Hildale, Colorado City and Cane Beds.

Stan
I can confirm as of 6/12/10 that K06OB is broadcasting. I was able to pick up the signal in the Cane Beds AZ area. My guess is that the listed longitude is one degree off, in this case too far west. It seems to be a common error in the FCC's CDBS database, likely from the applicant. K06OB is a repeater of KUEN 9.1 Ogden UT, while its digital companion, K17JK-D, also broadcasting, repeats the entire KUEN digital lineup.

Last edited by dhett; 25-Jun-2010 at 1:43 AM. Reason: Additional information
dhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jun-2010, 2:24 AM   #5
beatressle

Thanks for the update. Yes, the longitude is 1 degree off. The numbers put it just east of Littlefield, AZ on the other side of the mountains from Cane Beds.

Stan