TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Mar-2014, 5:57 PM   #41
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post

Individual antenna tests, not combined, assuming no amplifier installed:

1) Does the C2V reliably pick up everything except WRBK?

2) Does the 91X reliably pick up WRBK (ignore all other channels)?

If the answer to both #1 and # 2 is "Yes", then combine the antennas using the reversed splitter and re-evaluate reception for ALL received channels.

Are all channels reliable now?

If "yes", you are done.

If "no" and the 'problem' channel was previously reliable with the individual antenna, you need the AC7 combiner.
O.K. Disconnected one antenna at a time from the reversed splitter to do individual tests. Here are the results.

1) The C2V picks up all channels except KRBK. I noticed some pixelation/cutting out/audio drops on my basement Panasonic Viera plasma on KSPR (33.1 ABC). The TV antenna is plugged into the back of this device: http://www.channelmaster.com/Products_s/329.htm#dvrplus
Another thing that was interesting to me was that I was picking up the KRFT channels from the Clearstream.

2) The 91XG picks up KRBK without issue on all TV's. One thing I did notice though was all other channels did come in through the 91XG although some were at a bit lower signal strength. Also, when just connected to the 91XG KYTV (3.1 NBC) was experiencing some pixelation/cutting out/audio drops. It was worse on the Panasonic Plasma TV connected to the DVR+ from Channel Master.

If there is any additional information you need from me I will try to oblige. Otherwise, what are your thoughts?
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Mar-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
mulliganman

I forgot to mention that there were a little bit of cutout on said channels on another TV. It was worse on the downstairs TV I believe.
Old 11-Mar-2014, 11:56 PM   #43
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The CM3414 was still installed,was it not?

I'd like to see 100% stable reception of all your channels before committing to the additional expense of the AC7.

Can you re-run the individual antenna tests without the Holland splitter installed? IOW, one at a time, connect each antenna to the input of the CM3414 using the shortest possible cable run. How long would that cable be for each antenna?

What does the line of sight from the C2V look like on the signal path towards Fordland? Clear, a few trees, a lot of trees, houses, etc? I'm concerned that if reception isn't stable now and if there are trees, your reception ill fall off a cliff as soon as the trees leaf out.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Mar-2014, 3:18 AM   #44
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
The CM3414 was still installed,was it not?

I'd like to see 100% stable reception of all your channels before committing to the additional expense of the AC7.

Can you re-run the individual antenna tests without the Holland splitter installed? IOW, one at a time, connect each antenna to the input of the CM3414 using the shortest possible cable run. How long would that cable be for each antenna?

What does the line of sight from the C2V look like on the signal path towards Fordland? Clear, a few trees, a lot of trees, houses, etc? I'm concerned that if reception isn't stable now and if there are trees, your reception ill fall off a cliff as soon as the trees leaf out.
Reran the individual tests without the Holland 2FS used as a reverse splitter. Each antenna was separately connected to an "in" port on the CM3414 distribution amp.

1) 91XG picked up all channels. Initial testing showed no pixelation or issues.

2)C2V even picked up Fox KRBK (although at pitiful strength). Pixelation was visible on KSPR (33.1 ABC) on downstairs TV connected to Channel Master DVR+

After the individual tests I reconnected the 91XG to the CM3414 distribution amp solely to see how it would do over an extended period of time. This time I noticed noticed pixelation issues on KSPR (33.1 ABC), PBS (21.2), and KYTV (3.1 NBC) on downstairs television connected to Channel Master DVR+.

I would say that the line of sight for the C2V is for the most part fairly clear.

There is plenty of coaxial cable coming from both antennas to bypass the Holland 2FS being used as a reverse splitter. The connection piece of coax going from this splitter to the CM3414 is less than a foot long.

Given these results, please let me know your thoughts.
Old 12-Mar-2014, 4:10 AM   #45
mulliganman

Because the downstairs television is connected to the Channel Master DVR+, the device always me to check the signal strength and signal quality in the settings menu. When said channels are having difficulty the signal strength is jumping all over the place even when the signal strength is good (most close to or at 100%). Interesting enough, Fox KRBK shows a signal strength around 65% or so but a signal quality of 100%.
Old 12-Mar-2014, 10:48 PM   #46
mulliganman

Been trying to trouble shoot. I previously mentioned one of the 3 TV's the signal (from the 91XG bypassing the splitter and being connected directly into the CM3410) is being split to was connected to this product: http://www.channelmaster.com/Products_s/329.htm#DVR+

Well when the coaxial cable is plugged into the back of the DVR+ that is where I am experiencing high amounts of pixelation/cutouts/etc. on some channels.

I thought I would try disconnecting from that device and plugging the coaxial directly into the TV instead. When I did that I didn't see any of the issues. So, I don't understand why that could be the case and would really like to try to resolve this. ADTech, I could even see your company carrying the product and some point. So, I am hoping you would still be willig to problem solve with me on this. So, I definately welcome your thoughts.

Last edited by mulliganman; 12-Mar-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 13-Mar-2014, 1:47 AM   #47
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

No, we won't be carrying the CM DVR+....

FWIW, I've seen and worked with a number of folks who have inconsistent or poor reception with that particular box. I'd suggest contacting CM for assistance with it regarding the disparity in tuner performance between it and your TV set(s).

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 13-Mar-2014 at 1:54 AM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote