TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 23-Jun-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
JerzJim

Wtvd-dt

It looks like you have WTVD Channel 11 @ 20.7kW erp and we are 45kW erp.
So, I was just wondering if maybe I was reading it wrong. But the coverage map that came up showed the lower number and the FCC database shows two records for us, one at 20.8 and one at 45...??? Long and short, I just wanted to make sure your system was using the 45kW number and not the 20.8.
JerzJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Aug-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
mtownsend

Thanks for the update!

WTVD should be using the 45 kW record now.

FYI, these changes should take effect immediately on any newly generated reports.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Aug-2010, 1:57 PM   #3
JerzJim

Smile Qualification

Hey, I probably should of mentioned this up front, otherwise why take my word for it...hehe. I am the Transmitter Engineer for the station. Thanks for updating your records.
Old 30-Aug-2010, 1:59 PM   #4
JerzJim

Uh Oh

Hey, I just went to look up the new coverage map under call sign lookup and it came back that it could not find any image. So, now it is not even showing a coverage map. The stated ERP is correct though as you indicated.

Jim
Old 30-Aug-2010, 4:40 PM   #5
mtownsend

Yes, coverage maps will not be available for about another week.

As you can imagine, the task of computing coverage maps for thousands of transmitters takes a lot of computation horsepower. Whenever we update the database, we also re-process all of the coverage maps to reflect the newest transmitter specs, but due to the amount of processing required, the maps don't become available until a couple of weeks after the database changes.

Any "live" signal analyses (i.e. radar plots and interactive maps) will use the new transmitter specs. Predicted signal strengths, interference indicators, channel numbers, distances, and all other modeled parameters will be derived from the new database. The coverage map overlays are the only parts that lag behind.

Please check back in about a week and you should be able to view the updated coverage maps.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote