TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Nov-2013, 6:43 PM   #1
Dave0519

2 questions: 1)possible muxing of signals and 2) will antenna help with signal/distan

Hello all and thanks in advance for reading my questions.

I am looking to help my mother out who is "techno impared" and just likes her regular tv (tried getting her into internet with ota but no go), just ota.

I cannot list models I have tried but the are your variety best building offers. She gets week signal with pixelation at different times of the day. She is using one of the "as seen on tv crystal clear metal sheet looking" antennas. Sometimes it is great and sometimes it isn't.

To start and hopefully help here are some basic info that I can provide.

TriLevel house but she only watches tv on the 1.5 floor. Elevation is about on par. Some trees and so forth in the way but varies. She is in 23150 and her is the link for the tvfool listings as I am also looking to see if i can get her one that is in 23502 but I will list that channel in a moment.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aeb4f18fcb29

As shown, most of the locals I could probably get by with a good 35 mile range VHF/UHF antenna. If you look as far as the locals go I have this question: With an omni directional antenna going with
true azi: place antenna for optimal at (most at 271 and one at 360) position at 316deg or (same concept divide difference in degree and go middle) with mag.

Here is the monkey wrench. She loves her spiritual tv (things like TBN). There isn't one that is active in our area but there is one in 23502 (norfolk) channel call letter WTPC-TV which is approximately 63 miles away.

Here are dilemmas with this station.
1) almost 180 off the optimal (afaik) of the 316 mentioned earlier since it is possitioned at 139deg
2) she does not want anything mounted on the outside of the house (not a problem for locals as I can do a professional small indoor near her tv or even do an attic on for those) but for this one with being in the attic, from what I can tell, will have to be one of the 100mile or plus (to compensate for being inside than outside)
3) If I do have to use two antennas to do what I am wanting to do...
a) can I mux or diplex the signals in the attic so i only have to run one coax or...
b) do i need to do two runs and use an AB switch box at her tv...or....
c) is there an attic that I can place in the attic that will pick up the locals and the ones in Norfolk.

I know this was lengthy but I hope I have given all information so you that you do not have to say the OP didn't provide enough (yes, maybe overkill)

Thanks for all who read and thank you very much for all the info that can be shared.
David
Dave0519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Nov-2013, 2:25 AM   #2
teleview

Pratical and Useful Information.

The provide Tvfool report , in Red letters at the top of the report , says , Report is only resolved Approximately.

So that I can recommend a Correct antenna to the location.

Please make and post a Tvfool radar report and channel list using the Exact address.

Make the antenna height above ground in the report , 25 feet antenna height above ground.

------

If Exact address does not work to make the report.

Go to the Tvfool Home Page and click on , >>Start MAPS<< .

Move the pointer to the reception location.

Make the antenna height in the report 25 feet above ground.

Click on , Make Radar Map , button.

And post it so a antenna recommendation can be made.
Old 6-Nov-2013, 3:13 AM   #3
Dave0519

antenna will be about 15' in attic

here is the report with 15 and street address applied

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae34dc334b13
Dave0519 is offline   Reply With Quote