TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 18-Apr-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Rick in SC

Antenna mast clamping

What is the recommended way of fixing two antenna mast sections together? The mast I bought doesn't fit snugly together and will need to be clamped (preferred), bolted, or welded together. I seem to remember seeing a band and bolt type clamp on mast in the past, but cant seem to locate any. I can use u-bolt clamps, but would like to use something a little less noticeable. I dont think bolting will make it very secure unless I slip something into the mast to drill through and tighten down on. This is a ground up installation with the first wall clamp up about 12' so I'm going to need all the rigidity I can get. Thanks!!!
Rick in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Apr-2012, 2:22 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

TV antenna mast is commonly swedged so that the end of one section fits inside the end of the next. Example:http://www.channelmaster.com/Antenna..._1810_s/87.htm This type mast does not need to be clamped or bolted when supported by guys which is the common support method used with stacked sections of this type.

A guy wire clamp is usually used at each mast joint and about 2/3rds up the top section. http://www.summitsource.com/guy-wire...15-p-7190.html

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote