TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 18-Dec-2014, 2:25 PM   #1
fasteddie

Post Cut the cord in Reseda (San Fernando Valley, CA) Need help

Hi I wanted to ask for help on the best (reasonable) antenna for my needs. I am in Reseda, CA and have 2 HDTV's. I'd like to get the most bang for my buck and am so ignorant as to antenna dynamics.

I do have a south facing balcony on the second floor of an apartment building.

Here is the TV FOOL link to my location: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243da3cbe3691

Any help will be greatly appreciated
fasteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Dec-2014, 3:23 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

If your balcony offers a EAST-facing view that's not obstructed, then a small UHF/high VHF combo should work. However, if the line of sight from your balcony stares point-blank into a building, tree, or other obstacle, your odds of success just went to the basement.

What's your view due east look like?

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Dec-2014, 3:43 AM   #3
fasteddie

Question hMMM WHAT IS due east

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...MY BALCONY IS DUE EAST BUT ONLY @ 15-20 FT. HIGH SO DIRECTLY EAST THERE IS NOTHING UNTIL THE BUILDING A CRESS THE STREET WHICH IS 3 FLOORS, A BIT TALLER BUT IS @ 100 YDS. AWAY BEFORE IT IS IN THE WAY. I CAN PROBABLY MOUNT AN ANTENNA ON A HIGH CHAIR FACING EAST, WHETHER THE signal will catch signals above that first building in the way, don't know?

What would be best for me please there are so many and I do not want to waste money as I have little
Old 27-Dec-2014, 3:50 AM   #4
fasteddie

Like I said

I HAVE 2 HDTV'S AND WANT TO USE ONE ANTENNA BEST I CAN DO IS MOUNT ON THE Balcony facing east first obstruction is 100 yds. away across the street perhaps 100 yard away a 3 story apartment bldging.

Do I need an amplifier?? Do I need a splitter for the two leads for each TV??

I know very little

what other information do I need??
Old 27-Dec-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
Jake V

You won't know for sure the effect of nearby buildings until you try.

I'd probably start with an RCA RCA ANT751 mounted on the balcony, facing 75 degrees (a bit north of east). Start by running the coax straight from the antenna on the balcony through the door to one television, auto-program, then make a list of what you get and post it (listing the stations in the same order as on your TV Fool Report). Then move the cable to the other television and repeat. If you are happy with the stations you get (the goal being all or most of the stations in green), then you run the cable where you want it, add a splitter at an appropriate location (you can try whatever the store sells).

I'd suggest getting the antenna and splitter at a place with a good return policy (like WalMart or Radio Shack). Save your receipt and open the packaging carefully.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote