TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Jun-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
woolfie

Reception issues - Kanata, ON losing channels :-(

Here's my TFR : http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038a6f83a05d0

I have a roof mounted antenna (DigiWave 8, I think. The invoice says it's an eight bay antenna on a five foot bipod, installed in 2012) and I'm running the signal through a ChannelMaster CM-3412 2-port HDTV signal amplifier. The signal is not split and just feeds a single TV.

CityTV (channel 65) has often been a bit temperamental, but recently I can't get the channel at all. I tried another channel scan on my TV and now I've lost YES (channel 42) as well. Also CTV-2 (channel 43) is now touch-and-go.

Any ideas or things I can try?

A couple of weeks ago we did have a large wind storm that blew our fence down, but the antenna is still on the roof(!). I don't think it will have rotated in the wind like a weather vane, but I guess that could be a possibility?
woolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jun-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
woolfie

Just went out and took a picture of the antenna and compared it with one from the installation in 2012 and it does look like it could have rotated. :-(
Old 5-Jun-2018, 1:59 PM   #3
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolfie View Post
Just went out and took a picture of the antenna and compared it with one from the installation in 2012 and it does look like it could have rotated. :-(
That would mess up the reception. When first installed, was one panel aimed at 10 degrees true/23 degrees magnetic and the other panel aimed at 111/124?
Quote:
I've lost YES (channel 42) as well. Also CTV-2 (channel 43) is now touch-and-go.
They are two of your weaker channels from 111/124 degrees.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jun-2018, 2:30 PM   #4
woolfie

Not sure of the numbers, but that's probably correct since I had printed the TV Fool report at the time of installation and the installer set them up. One panel was aimed at Camp Fortune and the other at Manotick -- they're the main local transmitters for the 2 groups of channels I can see.