TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Sep-2014, 8:10 PM   #1
dmfdmf

Antenna Advice San Mateo, CA

All,

I installed an ANT751 at my house about a year ago and a friend of mine was impressed and wants to install one at his house. I live in a hilly area with trees and a nearby hill that blocks my direct view to the broadcast towers which was one reason I selected the ANT751 for "aimability". The other reason is that two local network stations (NBC and KGO) are on VHF-Hi and I didn't want to miss those stations. Anyway, his house is about 15-20 miles away in the flat lands and has no obstructions to the local towers.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2434df7330ae9

I was thinking an ANT751 would work fine for him but was also considering a CM-4221HD 4 bay (overkill but more metal in the air is better, right?) My only concern was regarding the VHF-Hi stations but the net margins are so high at his location that I think even a bow antenna will pickup enough signal to be usable. The reason I would consider the alternative is that my ANT751 is aimed North-West but still picks up the stations from the South-East off the back but those stations (as would be expected) aren't as reliable as my main stations. So I was thinking the CM-4221HD could possibly get enough signals to get all the local stations reliably. I am open to suggestions and alternatives. Thank You.
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Sep-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
teleview

+=>

Install the ANT751 antenna aimed at about 305 degree magnetic compass direction.

The reception is Very Strong Signal Strength.

No antenna system amplifier required.