TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 12-Sep-2010, 7:45 AM   #1
Larry Kenney

Kfty-dt

Several months ago KFTY RF 32 (50.1) made some changes to its antenna on Mt. St. Helena, increasing the height about 25 feet and rotating their pattern 90 degrees. Their signal here in San Francisco went from non-existent to 22 to 24 dB SNR (on Sony XBR5 signal meter) using a CM4228. They now have a solid signal here.

On my TVFool channel listing KFTY is shown twice, right next to each other, but it's still listed waaaay down the list at a -25.7 NM/116.5 Pwr and -25.9 NM/116.7 Pwr. Has the database had the antenna rotation correction made to it? According to my calculations, the station should be up in the +6 NM/84 pwr area on my list compared to the signals from other stations I receive.

Larry
SF
Larry Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Dec-2010, 1:58 AM   #2
mtownsend

Quote:
Several months ago KFTY RF 32 (50.1) made some changes to its antenna on Mt. St. Helena, increasing the height about 25 feet and rotating their pattern 90 degrees.
Thanks again for the update!

The FCC updated their database to reflect the new configuration as of October 7, 2010. It should be showing up with the correct new information on TV Fool.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote