TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Mar-2013, 4:21 AM   #1
Ihave3days

Crazy TvFool results...

I have been building free DB4's for friends that do not have the fiscal means to pay for Cable TV for a couple years now. (I would cut the Cable TV cord myself, if the wife would let me haha).

I am building my 6th DB4 antenna, but this time it's for my Pops.

Since he is one of those "impossible to shop for" people, I thought a handmade DB4 would be the perfect gift for him, so he could still watch TV in case of a storm/emergency.

I started putting the antenna together tonight, & pulled his TVfool location... & that's where I got a little overwhelmed...

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda8328e8ddfc

I have NEVER seen such a crazy TVfool schematic, & to be honest, I don't even know where to start...

I have always had a set of towers in 1 direction that required a reflector screen, but these results make me think I should forgo the reflector, for omnidirectional capability.

So my questions are:

1. Would you use a reflector in this case?
2. What (Magnetic North) Degree would I even try to start pointing the thing?
Ihave3days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Mar-2013, 5:49 AM   #2
teleview

Having Tv stations in Multipul directions is the most common reception situation.

Having Tv stations in one direction is less common.

The home built and manufactured bow tie type antennas are a UHF channels 14 thru 51 antenna design. That will receive to a lesser degree VHF high band channels 7 thru 13.

And not much at all of channels , 2 thru 6.

The current Broadcast Tv Channels are.

VHF low band channels 2 thru 6.

VHF high band channels 7 thru 13.

UHF band channels 14 thru 51.

The tvfool location has , Many , Strong Signal Strength , UHF channels and VHF high band channels.

The home built bow tie antenna should work OK.

Aim either side of the home built bow tie antenna , With Out the reflector screen at about 200 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.
Old 27-Mar-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Nothing "crazy" about it - your location is between two major markets - DC and BMI. This is a very common situation, especially in the Northeast.

A bi-directional UHF/VHF antenna will likely work fine. A reflectorless 4-bay antenna with an additional VHF dipole will likely work fine. Orient it so it is perpendicular to an imaginary line that connects the DC and BMI broadcast towers.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote