TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Aug-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
cheelito

poor signal in 3 channels.

Hi, I'd like to get some help on the following.

Here's my TV Fool signal analysis report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec2f2fceefa72c

I installed a Clearstream 2V with a RCA Preamp (RCA TVPRAMP1R).

I have good reception in 48+/- channels but I'm having trouble with the following ones: 25, 47 & 24.1. which would be nice to have.

I installed the antenna at 8 feet above the ground by the house siding using one of the poles I had for the directv. I have 4 tvs plugged to the antenna. Also take note that plenty of trees are around the house.

I pointed the antenna directly to the south (to the LOS) but I did it guessing that the south was on that direction (from google maps), since I did not had a compass. Should I place the antenna on the roof, I rather not since I'm afraid that during the winter or when it snows I would have to get to the roof to clean it up. Or should I point it in a different direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.
cheelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Aug-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Quote:
I have good reception in 48+/- channels but I'm having trouble with the following ones: 25, 47 & 24.1. which would be nice to have.
Can you list the call signs just to be sure there's no ambiguity re. which signals you're speaking of?

Thanks

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Aug-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Best thing to do is to get the antenna up in the air so that the signals can actually get to it. It doesn't work well any other way, antennas don't magically pull signals out of the air that aren't there. It isn't necessary to clean snow off a TV antenna, that's usually a problem with satellite dishes only.

Virtual channel 24.1 from BMI would probably require you to face the antenna that direction. I wouldn't expect it to be received reliably or predictably with the C2V facing the opposite direction.

Your TVFool plot says that you don't need an amp, but trees have a highly variable amount of attenuation. Try the project with and without the amp and see which configuration works best.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Aug-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
stvcmty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelito View Post
... but I'm having trouble with the following ones: 25, 47 & 24.1. which would be nice to have...

...I installed the antenna at 8 feet above the ground
You are losing a ton of signal by having the antenna so low.

There is no analog channel on RF25 in DC. If you search the FCC for wzdc, there is a license for a digital station on RF25. http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=wzdc So if you want analog 25, it does not exist. If you want digital 25, you probably need your antenna higher to get it.

If you want analog 47, call WMDO and see if the signal is on the air. WMDO is in digital on RF 8; if you can’t get the signal on RF8, you need more height and may need a better tuner to lock on to the LP signal stuck between two full power signals on RF7 and RF9. If the analog signal is on the air, you need more height to get it, low power analog signals do not go far. The FCC service contour for WMDO-CA analog RF 47 only goes about 8 miles in your direction, so reception at your location is not protected. Additionally, WBFF is a full power station on RF 46, and your antenna has a very wide pick up pattern, so that may be hurting reception of channel 47. If you want analog 47, I would guess you need more height and a more directional antenna.

Virtual 24.1, WUTB, real 41, is in a completely different direction from where your antenna is aimed. To get it reliably you would probably need a more directional antenna mounted higher aimed at Baltimore.

You are in a great location for TV reception. If you figured out what channels you wanted it would be straight forward to design a system to get them reliably.
stvcmty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Aug-2014, 3:39 PM   #5
No static at all

Channels 25 & 47 are both a tough catch. You will need more height for either one & some type of antenna supplement for 47 (47 is actually on VHF 8 & VERY weak).

Which channel 24 are you looking for?

-WUTB-CW network from Baltimore, Md
OR
-WNVC-Mhz network from Fairfax, VA
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Aug-2014, 5:44 PM   #6
cheelito

the 24.1 from Baltimore.

And I guess I need more height then thanks.
cheelito is offline   Reply With Quote